Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EBT BS

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 1066 Replies
24 moms liked this
One day I will be able to afford that Samsung Galaxy III like the chick in the corner store with the fresh weave and ebt card!! *sighs*

SOMEONE POSTED THIS ON FB

THAT IS VERY JUDGEMENTAL & MOST OF YOU ALL THINK LIKE THIS.... 1) HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WASN'T A GIFT?
2) HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WASN'T SOMEONE ELSE'S CARD BEING USED?
3) SINCE WHEN WAS IT ILLEGAL FOR PPL IN NEED TO HAVE ANYTHING NICE?

I WORK, JUST GOT MY FS BACK AFTER A YR 1/2 OF NOT HAVING THEM. I HAVE A NICE NEW PHONE (MY MOTHER GOT ME) MY KIDS HAVE LOTS OF NICE CLOTHES & SHOES THAT I BUY WITH NO HELP FROM ANYONE & I STILL WEAR CLOTHES FROM 2 YRS AGO & OCCASIONALLY BUY NEW THINGS HERE & THERE BCUZ I CHOOSE TO MAKE SURE MY KIDS LOOK GOOD & DO FUN THINGS LIKE ANYONE ELSE. I HAVE A QUEEN SIZE PILLOWTOP BED (XMAS GIFT FROM MY GMA) MOST OF MY TATS I PAID FOR... I DESERVE TO HAVE WHAT I WANT LIKE ANYONE ELSE THAT'S WHAT I WORK FOR.... EVERYONE WITH AN EBT CARD ISN'T JOBLESS, LAZY OR ABUSING THE SYSTEM

THAT SHIT JUST IRRITATES ME & MAKES ME LAUGH AT THE SAME TIME
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
17 moms liked this
I FELL THE SAME WAY I WORK AND I GET FOODSTAMPS JUST FOR MY KIDS THE DH ALSO TOO THE FS HELP ALOT WE DONT ALWAYS HAVE MUCH LEFT OVER AFTER WE PAY BILLS .. PPL ARE JUST VERY IGNORANT AND LIKE TO JUDGE .. WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
72 moms liked this
CAPS LOCK!!!!!

UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!
Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

true

tennisgal
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM
102 moms liked this

NO ONE DESERVES NICE THING! You work for them and your number one priority is food, shelter, electricity. If you can't provide for those things then you shouldn't have the extra luxuries that come from working hard. If you don't have the means to provide then no, you don't get to do like everyone else...you know, like people who have a budget and don't have food stamps/housing assistance/cash assistance/etc. 

Princessheika
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this
It's SO annoying, even when I wasn't receiving them I was irritated by it. You don't know anyone's personal situation to judge & be so angry about it. Like ppl are supposed to just allow their kids to be hungry as smh

Quoting stephiic:

I FELL THE SAME WAY I WORK AND I GET FOOD.STAMPS FOR JUST MY KIDS THE DH WORKST TOO THE FS HELP ALOT WE Don't HAVE MUCH LEFT OVER AFTER WE PAY BILLS .. PPL ARE JUST VERY IGNORANT I LIKE TO JUDGE ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelimom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

yawn

gemikris82
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tennisgal:

NO ONE DESERVES NICE THING! You work for them and your number one priority is food, shelter, electricity. If you can't provide for those things then you shouldn't have the extra luxuries that come from working hard. If you don't have the means to provide then no, you don't get to do like everyone else...you know, like people who have a budget and don't have food stamps/housing assistance/cash assistance/etc. 

she never said she deserves them

kisha89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I used to be on fs && I have an iPhone 4, I don't pay the bill for it and I didn't pay for it. Some ppl need to mind their own damn business and lives. Even while getting fs I worked my ass off the PA is set up to help those who are in need of it when times get hard or they are doing their best to make it by and can't (I'm getting my education and my husband works 2 jobs so we don't qualify now) but as long as they aren't being abused or being used long term to support your family, why not have nice shit? We live in a society that judges you based on the technology you use, and smart phones come in serious use these days just saying....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM
7 moms liked this
I get fs.... I have an iPhone, DH and I both have laptop computers, I have a 45" 3d tv and we both have nice vehicles. BUT it was all bought before we got them!!!! Its just dh's income right now because I can't work!!!! Your right people really shouldn't judge unless they know the whole story!!!!!!!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM
17 moms liked this

You're singing to the choir, most people can name ten that collect welfare and shouldn't.  The system has way more abusers now than actual users and I can't wait until it all goes away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)