Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tired of being weird for not having the messed up morals of my generation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 260 Replies
8 moms liked this
We are always told not everyone is like you and your husband. Wtf? Grow up people. We are not saints. My dh works and i am a sahm. Neither of us cheats and we love each other. We always meet people and i get excited then realize after getting to know them they have very serious personal problems. My dh is military and we are socialable we have met a ton of people. I an count on one hand the number of decent human beingsi have met.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VioletPlacebo
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM
12 moms liked this

So decent human beings don't have very serious personal problems? *laughs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM
35 moms liked this

You seem very judgemental. No wonder people don't like you and your hubby.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM
4 moms liked this

I totally get what you're saying OP. 

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
15 moms liked this

I lead a very drama free life, but I don't have a lot of friends because I'm a punk rocker (I don't even look like one, I look like someones mom) and the judgemental stuck up women judge me for it, even though they're the ones with personal problems and kids that are doing heroin (my kids a punk rocker too, but is straight edge).

So I have learned for the most part, normal soccer mom/dad families actually suck worse than me.

hkelly7
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I feel your pain, it gets lonely but the way SO & I look at it is atleast the people we do get along with (count on one hand) are true. count your blessings!

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM

You are hanging around the wrong people.  I lost count of how many awesome people I have met.  Most of the time people find what they are looking for.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
6 moms liked this

When you are younger it seems like everyone is wild.  DH and I had trouble finding couples that had their crap together.  Now that we are in our 40s we know many couples that have at the very least settled down.  They may have had wild actions when they were younger but they were good people.  Keep in mind that some of the couples you meet now will mature and you may like them more later.  Dont burn your bridge with them and completely shut them out.  Young and wild is not the same as immoral and evil. 

alwayskk
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I don't understand what telling someone that everyone is different has to do with growing up. However, I'm happy for you that you're happy....

rnmom4lif
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

um...im sorry?

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I don't really have any couple friends our age, only older. We're turning 27 this year, and it seems people are still pulling this high school bullshit. "He looked at another girl, so I went through his phone and I'm so pissed! Let's go get trashed!" Um, no. How old are you again? Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)