Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

skipping the sugar pills safe?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I'm thinking about going back on the pill after 5 years on Mirena. I'm not looking forward to having periods again though :( someone told me I can just skip the neutral pills and only take the active pills so I will skip my period altogether. Does anyone know if you can do that or has anyone done it?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I've done it, but I don't think it's recommended.  As far as I know it isn't necessarily healthy to skip your period.  But then again, I'm not a doctor lol

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

When I asked my doctor about the pill where you only get a period every 3 months, she said it was the same thing as the reg. pills, but you only took the sugar pill every three months. I don't know much about that though, I'm not a doc. So here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Hahaha that's what I mean too. I did that years ago once or twice, but never all the time! I wasn't sure if it was a big deal?

Quoting Megan11587:

I've done it, but I don't think it's recommended.  As far as I know it isn't necessarily healthy to skip your period.  But then again, I'm not a doctor lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor said there is no reasone to have a period unless you are trying to get "knocked up" lol but I don't know if skiping the pill will make you not have a period or not. I use to miss the last set all the time. I was told it was okay they were just there to help you keep in routine of taking them.
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM

You should ask your doctor...

In theory it is safe, but every woman is different

Plus they make the pill, seasonique, that does that... you get a period every three months. But your body is still going to want to bleed, so you will likely have some spotting at the least for a while. 

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I always skipped the sugar pills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemomma
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I'm on seasonale it's the same as seasonique (sp) goes 3 months on active pills one week inactive. I'm having issues with mine. The issue is AF has been around 3 weeks with no signs of going away. I was told it could take 2-3 packs for my body to regulate. I'm thinking of going back to the last pill I was on and deal with AF once a month for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM
You can do it but only with the pills that are the same dose the whole month, not ortho tri cyclen for example, you are getting different levels of horomones on those and you will have more spotting. And I would think you would run into problems with insurance, when I was on the pill I couldnt get my next refill early. Why not get on the pill that you only have a period every 3 months?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)