Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

interesting family facts.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 371 Replies
5 moms liked this
Tell me something interesting about your family. Mine is my great grandmother was aboard the titanic. She was on one of the last lifeboats to be shipped off because she held a third class ticket. She was traveling to new york because her sister was holding a job for her to be a housemaid. I found it an interesting family fact. Im not sure if some of her stories were exaggerated or if the facts were changed over the years..but its still pretty interesting.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My grandfather is full blooded Cherokee Indian.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm related to Nathan Hale. A man that is famous only for failing. Drastically and stupidly failing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Thats interesting. Were your family active with any traditions from that side of your family?

Quoting wkukid:

My grandfather is full blooded Cherokee Indian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My great grandmother had a ticket for the titanic but had a bad feeling so she didn't go....

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell me something interesting about your family. Mine is my great grandmother was aboard the titanic. She was on one of the last lifeboats to be shipped off because she held a third class ticket. She was traveling to new york because her sister was holding a job for her to be a housemaid. I found it an interesting family fact. Im not sure if some of her stories were exaggerated or if the facts were changed over the years..but its still pretty interesting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Nathan hale the soldier?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm related to Nathan Hale. A man that is famous only for failing. Drastically and stupidly failing.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, he died a couple of years before I was born. We did inherit the temper and some of my family members have the skin tone, black hair and strong jawline.
megangary
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM
My family was on the Mayflower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Thats interesting! !! Does she still have the ticket? Mine lost everything when the ship sank.

Quoting Anonymous:

My great grandmother had a ticket for the titanic but had a bad feeling so she didn't go....

Quoting Anonymous:

llheet8586
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Ummm... Honestly I don't know anything interesting about my family!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

My uncle shot my grandfather when he was 13....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)