Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all Sexperts!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh and I haven't been having much sex lately. :( Part of it is lack of desire and part is lack of time.  My hormones have been blah since having our now 1 year old.  Neither of us are big on masturbation either.  Do you think if I started masturbating and encouraged him to as well that it would help us be in the mood more?? Or will it satisfy what need we have and make us have sex even less?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
stephjohn
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM
just think of it more. Think of the memories that make you feel the best. Go warm your sweetie up take him to your room light some romatic candles. Have soft music playing. Don't turn on any bright lights just go by the candles. Put what ever on that makes you feel the sexiest and i'm sure you will have a great night! :-) GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting stephjohn:

just think of it more. Think of the memories that make you feel the best. Go warm your sweetie up take him to your room light some romatic candles. Have soft music playing. Don't turn on any bright lights just go by the candles. Put what ever on that makes you feel the sexiest and i'm sure you will have a great night! :-) GL

Ok, but the problem is I dont feel like doing any of that. I wish I did, but I dont. And even when I do, I lose interest very quickly.

swmmra
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Also talk to a dr, if your little one is a year, right? You may have hormonal issues still and need a little medical help to begin feeling the love again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

bump

nessa20mommy2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

im pregnant and have no sex drive... 

but what kinda works for me is if i either

1. touch myself and get myself aroused first

OR

2. I let him play with me and touch me...even if i dont initially want to i end up being into it!

I dont even really want to after we get going. Even if I'm almost at an orgasm I could stop and be fine.

Did you used to have a sex drive?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quoting swmmra:

Also talk to a dr, if your little one is a year, right? You may have hormonal issues still and need a little medical help to begin feeling the love again. 

I have one set up for next month. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

im pregnant and have no sex drive... 

but what kinda works for me is if i either

1. touch myself and get myself aroused first

OR

2. I let him play with me and touch me...even if i dont initially want to i end up being into it!

I dont even really want to after we get going. Even if I'm almost at an orgasm I could stop and be fine.

Did you used to have a sex drive?

Before my youngest was born I did.  It's not any problem or resentment toward my husband. It's not because I'm not attracted to him.  I just have no sex drive. :(

swmmra
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Good!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting swmmra:

I have one set up for next month. :)

jesistar6910
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I wish I could say something to help. Have you tried reading some erotic fiction to get you in the mood? After I had my DD, I had a pretty big bout of post partum depression that made me not want sex at all. I ended up getting some therapy, and meds but still wasn't into sex. I started reading erotic fiction, just reading about it made me want to try the different positions and stuff. Here we are two years later, all better and then some. Good luck, I hope your doctors appointment goes well next month. 

stephjohn
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Then it could be a hormonal imbalance. I would speak with your gyno about. Also if you dh is feeling the same way he could have low testostron. Also do some research i know there are foods that can increase your drive but i don't remember which.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stephjohn:

Ok, but the problem is I dont feel like doing any of that. I wish I did, but I dont. And even when I do, I lose interest very quickly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)