Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

posted this on FB and got called cheap...

Posted by   + Show Post
I love great deals!  I've spent less than $200 on back to school clothes for my two kids, 10 shirts each, 5 jeans each, 3 shorts each, and 2 pairs of shoes for both. Everything name brand (Gap, Old Navy, and The Children's Place) with free shipping, and nothing full price...for a savings of over $500! Now if I could only turn back time and beat everyone else to the school supplies before they all got picked over...

Oh, and I also got $60 worth of meat for $10 this week...it will feed us dinner for 2 weeks :))

If all this makes me cheap, oh well.
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (61-70):
Ebster
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
This!

Quoting gsprofval:

Sounds like you got some great deals.  That's being frugal, not cheap!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberklo
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

my reply would have been jealous much

Quoting jessi2girls:

okay, no, she definitely was calling you cheap then lol..

but yeah, deleting her and her comment was the right thing to do.. don't worry about people like that, clearly they don't know the value of a dollar.

Quoting ramonafrog:

"Wow... How cheap could you get? It's not like those stores are expensive to begin with."

She wasn't ever really a friend but more of a friend of a friend. Doesn't matter, I deleted her and her comment...and yes, she was being rude.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Can I ask exactly what she said word for word?? because it's very possible you are reading more into it than she implied..

perhaps she wasn't calling you cheap, but the fact that you got them for so cheap..

or what joking with you.. .. I'd really have to see exactly what she wrote, and even then.. ..

Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to be frugal these days as well.

My girlfriend went and spent 500. at K-mart buying things for her daughter.. I bought for my sons one year at walmart and within a few months I was buying name brand clothing. I usually now pay the price I would pay at walmart just name brand because the clothes do last 3x as long and they still look great a year later. 

So it is awesome that when you find name brands at a steal I know I will be picking up some great deals on  Gap/Old navy this week because they have some awesome deals.

Way to go mama...

Jaiya20
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
girl please that not cheap that great deals. its far more important things that the extra money cud be used on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

DUDE! WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE CHEAP??? I THINK THEY ARE JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

baby7810
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

thats awesome!!

ramonafrog
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I don't think this particular person was jealous. She's a rude snob, friend if a friend... That I met once at a birthday party. I deleted her and her comment. No time for negativity :)

Quoting OneToughMami:

DUDE! WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE CHEAP??? I THINK THEY ARE JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rigosgurl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Lookin at ur sn..do ur kids names start with z's?

Quoting motherofzandz:

I bought 6 jeans 15 shirts 4 shorts and spent $25 bucks lol. Everything was either children's place or polo! Bought used from a women off a local bst group. They all looked brand new too!!! My son is all set for school and I am proud of myself! I am a bargain shopper but my kids are going to look nice and not break the bank!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You're not cheap. People are just jealous they spend 19x as much as you for the same things! LOL

I fortunately do not have to shop inexpensively, however I do! It's not cheap.... It's smart!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting ramonafrog:

thanks, ladies. I agree!

btw, the woamn who said this has no kids and isn't married. wonder if that makes a difference? LOL

No difference.  People like that usually fit in their crap any way they can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured