Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cyst on overy????

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 23 Replies
So I went to the dr. To check the placement of my iud and they noticed a 3cm cyst on my overy. Has anyone had one? Can it just disappear? Will it have to rupture (I know very painful)? What were your experiences? I have to go back in a month to be rechecked because 5cm means problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I had one with fertility meds, mine ruptured. It was painful but temporary.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM
It's a normal part of your cycle.
I have one now.
It is apparently common in pregnancy too.
It's been hanging on almost 5 months now!
They usually rupture which does hurt a bit or vanish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Ovary.

kjsmama0206
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM
The dr said they are common but because it was big they wanted to watch it. I hate going to the dr. So I am frustrated because they seem to keep having reasons I need to come back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM
The last one I had my doctor gave me shit when I did not rerun after my next period. It was not there six months later and I did not feel a thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsmama0206
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

Ovary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyangel_52
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM
sometimes they can treat them with birth control pills. i had marena and ended up with cysts. i had a 5cm cyst on the left side, it shrunk down to 1 cm, but, had a 6cm cyst on the right side. when i got my dating ultrasound for my pregnancy i had another 5cm cyst on the left side again. i had one rupture last year, it hurt very bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I actually have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and I get cysts on my ovaries every cycle, more than the normal woman. It's what makes it harder for me to get pregnant.

They don't always have to rupture. Mine usually go away on their own. The doctor tracked one for a couple months and each month it went down some on it's own. He said if it wouldn't have done that on it's own, then I would have to start on birth control to take care of it. And yes, it's painful if it ruptures.

TTC our first. 

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I have PCOS and it sucks. When the dr tied my tubes the end of july, he went and drained them all. I went for my 2 week check and they are coming back. It sucks so bad. I had 15 on my left and 22 on my right.... :(

I've had one rupture. It was worse then giving birth- and I did that without meds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AugustMidge
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Everyone gets them, some notice others don't. They normally go away on there own during your cycle. They do tend to be painful and sometimes if they become too large surgery is in order but that isn't very common. I've had many, some very severe others not so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)