Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

complex migraines?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone else have these? I get one once every few years. I got one today.

Its when I can't see, like if I'm looking at you in your eyes, I can't see your mouth. Its one big blur.

My right hand, right side of my nose and tounge goes numb.

I went to the hospital the last time I had one, and that's what they told me I had.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Robin_TripleA
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Nope I don't get them very often but I I get similar symptoms. Feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robin_TripleA
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Thanks! :) I've gotten rid of it, thank goodness!

Quoting bluedolly01:

Nope I don't get them very often but I I get similar symptoms. Feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soldier_Wife07
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I've never gotten a Complex Migraine, but I have chronic migraines and cluster headaches.  I've been getting them for 13 years now.  It finally got to the point where last November I was put on a daily preventative, Topamax.  I was getting back to back migraines that would last 3-4 days, and only 1-2 days in between each one.  Since starting the meds, the migraines have been reduced to 2-3 a month, lasting less than a day.

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM
I'm on topomax too. It has really helped.

Quoting Soldier_Wife07:

I've never gotten a Complex Migraine, but I have chronic migraines and cluster headaches.  I've been getting them for 13 years now.  It finally got to the point where last November I was put on a daily preventative, Topamax.  I was getting back to back migraines that would last 3-4 days, and only 1-2 days in between each one.  Since starting the meds, the migraines have been reduced to 2-3 a month, lasting less than a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)