Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thread for those who are not dirt poor!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Since the PA people are always sharing with us all the great things they do with "their money" (lol) I would start a thread for those of us who do not use government assistance.

Please tell me about your house, your cars, vacations, schools your kids attend, camps, extra curricular activites, sports, etc. 

I'd love to hear about the good life instead of always being dragged down by the "woe is me" crowd!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (521-527):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM
My husband bought me a Hummer for my last birthday...best present ever!
stephjohn
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Yeah i live in perry county.

Quoting mirandabader:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we just found out yesterday we are closing on our new house. It's 5 bedroom 3 bath 3600 sq ft. It's so beautiful all stainless steel app. Last weekend we took the kids to holiday world and had a blast. Tomorrow is my son's first birthday and we're taking them to the zoo.

Holiday World! Do you live in Indiana too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
just wondering why it's so many anonymous post in here? lol I mean shouldn't you be proud?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell118
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thank you, I am new to this forum and don't know all the abbreviations.

Today I noticed another conversation about life planning and I wanted to add that I only retired this early because I was ill. I have Lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and ITP (blood problems). Fortunately I also had disability insurance which paid me a % of my salary for the last 6 years that I worked off and on when I flared. Without that I would have lost everything. So I am glad I paid for that benefit for the 31 years that I worked!

she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM
We have a nice ranch in a vacation area.beautiful property with spoiled horses.we have a neighbor(across the lake) who practices his plane stunts so free air show a few times a week.he buzzes our house if he sees us sitting in the yard :) we have traveled as a family all over the world.we have 2 cars a motorcycle and a horse trailer.we worked hard for what we have.I also stay home now too.I am really happy and thankful for what we have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Because who we are is our own personal business and we have the right to post here anonymously if we choose. 

I requested that people post and talk about some of the good things in life, in contrast to all the constant bellowing.  It's nice for a change and I'm enjoying the thread, just as many other people are.  You are welcome to join in if you'd like!

Quoting hreynol25:

just wondering why it's so many anonymous post in here? lol I mean shouldn't you be proud?

hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I am aware that you have the right to post anonymous. Lol it's just funny to me that so many people hide behind the anonymous button. But oh well....I enjoy the entertainment. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Because who we are is our own personal business and we have the right to post here anonymously if we choose. 

I requested that people post and talk about some of the good things in life, in contrast to all the constant bellowing.  It's nice for a change and I'm enjoying the thread, just as many other people are.  You are welcome to join in if you'd like!

Quoting hreynol25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured