Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Birthday party was a HUGE success! *Pic heavy*

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

This is my son :)

This is AJ (one of my host sons, catcher) with the birthday boy :)

The guys signing autographs.

The party went off without a hitch and everybody had sooo much fun! :D  The parents stuck around for the party... it's not every day they go to a birthday party and get autographs after! lol (These guys are local celebrities, and many will go on to the MLB.)  I actually had three parents as me if I would consider doing party planning on the side because they wanted me to plan their kids' parties!  They loved the cupcakes, treat bags, location, entertainment, ideas... everything! THAT *imo* is the biggest compliment a mom can get on a party! :D 

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beerabitch69
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Oh fun!! Im glad it went good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LissieRun
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I'm glad it went so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Host son?
praisinghim2day
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

http://www.saltdogs.com/ - click on community and it will tell you more about it.

That's our local Independant Professional League Baseball team.  The guys come in from all over the country (and in some cases, WORLD) and while they are here in Lincoln to play, they need a place to stay. We open our home to two guys per season.  They range anywhere from early 20s to mid 30s.  We don't get paid for it, but we do get great perks.  They're great guys :)  Last season we had SIX guys from our team get called off the field DURING games because their contracts were purchased by the MLB.  We also lost 4 players in the offseason to the MLB. :)  So happy for them and still keep in touch with them :)

This is me with my host son last year on one of our several  Host Family Appreciation Nights.  (The kids were with their dad and weren't able to be there for this one. :( )The last one of the season, they call the host families down tot he field to get a photo taken with their boys.  They blow the pic up to an 8x10 and frame it for us too :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Host son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)