Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Panic Attack --- Help!

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 21 Replies

I've been dealing with panic attacks for years now (about 10 years now). Normally they are really bad for just a short time (half hour to hour at most) but today I just can't shake it. For about 6 hours now I've had a tight chest, hard to breath, shaky feeling, even moments of being light headed and black spots (its so bad I thought I was going to pass out). I'm hot and swetty. I just can't git rid of the damn thing. I've tried yoga, reading a book, watching a movie. Everything I can think of and I can't get rid of it. I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to do. Any sugestions? Help please.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Weed
ashley1693
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I wish. It does help. But I don't have any, no money to get some and dh has the car at work so no way to get some.

Quoting Anonymous:

Weed

MeaganP
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
What has u so upset. Have a drink
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I used to go in the shower and cry let it out til the water ran cold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM
My only suggestion is weed. :/

Quoting ashley1693:

I wish. It does help. But I don't have any, no money to get some and dh has the car at work so no way to get some.

Quoting Anonymous:

Weed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I am sure you have already tried but taking long, deep breaths usually helps me. Hope you find something that works.
psychobilly_mom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Just go into the E.R... I've had muscle spasms because of panic attacks...no fun! I hope you feel much better.

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Normal stress. Money, bills, etc. We're moving in 6 weeks so I'm freaking out about not having the money for the prorated week in the new place. Stupid things. We'll have the money by then so there's no reason to stress but I just can't let it go.

I'd love one, but since dhs bro is a recovering alcoholic we dumped the last few beers we had a month ago (when he came out that he had a drinking problem). and now dh is at work with the car and I can't go get any.

Quoting MeaganP:

What has u so upset. Have a drink

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Thanks. That normally helps a ton but today nothing seems to work :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sure you have already tried but taking long, deep breaths usually helps me. Hope you find something that works.

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Thanks. I have no insurance :( I used to have a script for xanax but with no insurance I couldn't see a doc anymore. it's been 3 years and i'd been able to mange them but i've never had one this bad.

Quoting psychobilly_mom:

Just go into the E.R... I've had muscle spasms because of panic attacks...no fun! I hope you feel much better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN