Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you got to be kidding me, are you an idiot!

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 23 Replies
so when I take my son out and about. people always ask me "awe! he is so cute. how old is he?" ds is 7 going onto 8 months. his adjusted age for being born eary is 6 months. I always tell them he is his actual age. and most of the time they respond "OH! he is a little big for seven months isnt he" well thanks for basically calling my son fat! which he is not. he is only in the third percentile for his actual age...(for both height and weight)... *pic in replies* does he look big for 7 months to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama_Dolly
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
sorry the pic is taking so long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Durrrrrrrrrr

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

People don't remember exactly how big a baby is at a certain month age unless they have one that age at the same time or close to it.  I get told all the time that my kids are big for their baby age when like yours they are in the lowest percentiles.  I don't let it bug me.  There is 4 years between two of my boys and I know in that time I easily forgot what sixe a baby was at what month mark.  Don't let it bug you.  It has nothing to do with his weight or him being fat, it simply had to do with memory fading.  I know every time I see a newborn I think they are tiny but then when I am told how much they weighed at birth it is almost always more then my boys did and I can't remember that they were smaller.  Time makes things not be remembered as well, especially something so small as a pound or two to a baby. 

Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I have an 8 month old that is 25 lbs. he's not fat...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM
SMFH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Waiting for pic of the Adorable baby

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

U r full of crap!

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I think you are being sensitive. I get that comment towards my son and he is two, anyone that looks at him can see is in not fat, I know he is not fat, but they all presume he is tall for his age which he isn't. I wouldn't automaticly presume they called your son fat just because they used the word big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Do people really get upset about shit like this?

Cheese and rice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Ahhhgg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)