Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shopping is more important than my child having food to eat!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

My older sister is a self-proclaimed shop-aholic. She has even said herself that if a pile of horse shit had a price tag on it, she would stop and look at the price tag on the horse shit! I don't understand it.

Her, my mom, and my DD went out shopping today. I chilled at the house, cleaning it up and just relaxing, cause I didn't want to go shopping and look at a bunch of stuff I can't afford. Apparently they went out to eat afterwards because DD came home with a small plastic take-home restaurant cup. She was showing me the stuff her aunt ( my older sister ) had gotten her and the phone rang. My mom got it and answered.

It was my older sister fussing because my nephew ( HER SON!!!!!! ) was complaining that he was hungry, and that there was no food in the house! I heard her specifically say she had no money for groceries, and wanted to know if she could come up here and get some stuff to cook him supper!

She did come, and I gave her some potatoes, some mac and cheese, some beans, bread and milk, with some apples and a couple bananas. Would you believe she fussed at me because I didn't give her any of the cornflake cookies I had made?! I didn't say a word to her, because I knew it was going to my nephew, and not her.

Before she left, I did tell her one thing. I told her ( very nicely in a calm voice ) that she needed to seek help with her shopping problem if it was so bad that she didn't have money for groceries. She got so pissed off that she flew out of the drive way, spraying gravel EVERYWHERE!

I just don't understand how a person can go out and spend hundreds of dollars on frivilous things that they don't even really need, and then go home and complain that they have no money for food, and complain because their kid is hungry! I've ALWAYS put my DD first in everything, and I've even went days without eating to make sure my DD had food in her stomach.

Do you guys know anyone like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I don't know anyone like that but that is messed up. I remember my mom drinking all the money my dad gave her for us over the summer and we ended up eating butter noodles and p and j sandwiches. Ridiculous.

mommamimzy2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Why didn't you give the things back she bought your dd?

She does have a serious problem and needs help. There might be deep seeded reason for her actions.

Oh please share that cookie recipe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamimzy2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM
:( this makes me sad

Quoting Sunshine257:

I don't know anyone like that but that is messed up. I remember my mom drinking all the money my dad gave her for us over the summer and we ended up eating butter noodles and p and j sandwiches. Ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Wtf. Um no. My dad was/is a crack addict but always made sure we had SOMETHING to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterflyGenie
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a proclaimed shopaholic but have stopped in the last two years with meds and therapy. My kids always had food though. My pantry has never been bare.
She may be bipolar. She sounds like she's in a manic phase right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

She has always had this issue with having the best of everything, no matter the cost. It's going to her son, now too, because he was begging me for a game the other day that costs almost 100 bucks, and when I told him I couldn't get it because I didn't have the money, and I didn't need the game, and I needed groceries, he said ( in his own words ) * mom would get it....we would just ask other people for money for a few days *. I almost cried right there.

My cornflake cookie receipe? Its really simple. Here ya go hun.

Things you'll need:

1 bottle of CLEAR Karo corn syrup

1 16-18 jar of creamy peanut butter

1 to 2 cups of pure, granulated sugar ( depending on how sweet you want the cookies )

1 16-18 ounce box of regular unsweetened corn flakes

Put the sugar in a big cooking pot, with the burner on medium, to medium high. Put the WHOLE bottle of Karo corn syrup in with the sugar. Let it boil. Keep stirring to keep the mixture from sticking as soon as you put the syrup in with the sugar. Once it begins boiling good ( after a few seconds ) take it OFF the burner, and put the WHOLE bottle of peanut butter in it. Stir it around and mix it up good, then put the corn flakes in, little by little. It WILL get thick quick. Put as many cornflakes as you want in it. Pour the mixture into a flat bottom pan, and let it cool. Cut as big a piece as you want after it has cooled down, and enjoy! Trust me, you'll be addicted to them after the first bite! lol

Quoting mommamimzy2:

She does have a serious problem and needs help. There might be deep seeded reason for her actions.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I LOVE cornflake cookies! I didnt think anyone else knew about them!

I wont eat them unless my mom makes them though, I cant make em for shit.

I would have told her the same thing, then called CPS.

CPS wont take him away but will force her ass into therapy.

mommamimzy2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I ♥ U!!!! cant wait to make them!!!

I do hope she gets help. Especially with a child to take care off.

Quoting Anonymous:

She has always had this issue with having the best of everything, no matter the cost. It's going to her son, now too, because he was begging me for a game the other day that costs almost 100 bucks, and when I told him I couldn't get it because I didn't have the money, and I didn't need the game, and I needed groceries, he said ( in his own words ) * mom would get it....we would just ask other people for money for a few days *. I almost cried right there.

My cornflake cookie receipe? Its really simple. Here ya go hun.

Things you'll need:

1 bottle of CLEAR Karo corn syrup

1 16-18 jar of creamy peanut butter

1 to 2 cups of pure, granulated sugar ( depending on how sweet you want the cookies )

1 16-18 ounce box of regular unsweetened corn flakes

Put the sugar in a big cooking pot, with the burner on medium, to medium high. Put the WHOLE bottle of Karo corn syrup in with the sugar. Let it boil. Keep stirring to keep the mixture from sticking as soon as you put the syrup in with the sugar. Once it begins boiling good ( after a few seconds ) take it OFF the burner, and put the WHOLE bottle of peanut butter in it. Stir it around and mix it up good, then put the corn flakes in, little by little. It WILL get thick quick. Put as many cornflakes as you want in it. Pour the mixture into a flat bottom pan, and let it cool. Cut as big a piece as you want after it has cooled down, and enjoy! Trust me, you'll be addicted to them after the first bite! lol

Quoting mommamimzy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Palindromeda
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Is she bipolar by chance? Just about every bipolar person I know does this sort of thing when they decide to take themselves off the meds for a while.

cassie19831
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Thank you for posting the recipe! I'm gonna make them! I think as far as your sister she needs help. It can be a real addiction and difficult. Once she realizes the negative effects it has on her life she will make a change. I'd talk to her again and just tell her you can't always come to her rescue and feed her kids. She needs to put them first. I know its hard and you are a good sister and aunt to feed her kid!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)