Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The dumbest reason (CPS related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
My mother in law called CPS because we have s cat (apparently she thinks DS, who she hasn't even seen in months, is covered in scratches from the kitten we got AFTER the last time she visited, and it's unsanitary to own a pet when you have kids), and because he's not in daycare (apparently I'm neglecting him by "not allowing him to socialize with kids his age"). What's the dumbest reason you've heard for someone calling CPS?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM
To get a welfare check and more foodstamps had this happen to me but it didn't work.
hatinnd
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  The cops showed up at my house to see why my sons hands were "bruised and scratched". (I guess they thought I'd been tying him up?)   I said "We just got a kitten and the "bruises" are from markers!!!!!    The cop said "Yeah, that's what it looked like to us too, but when there's a complaint we HAVE to come out".  

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
As revenge for cps being called on the mom for having a dirty home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM
A nosey neighbor called CPS on all the parents in my building for letting their "black" kids play in the backyard all alone!!!

It was 3 apartments I lived on 3d fl with my son who was 3 at the time this was 7or8 years ago. My son is white has blonde hair and blue eyes.
The other children in the building were mixed and white. They ranged in age from 1 - 15.

The CPS lady came to my door I invited her in, willingly gave her a tour, opened my cupboards and fridge for her. She sat and talked to me for a few mins, by the time she left we were laughing at my idiot racist neighbor.
Nikk_Partain07
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

for revenge, i pissed someone off so someone called on me because i was too strict of a mom because i dont let my kids eat or drink junk and they have a schedule ( my son is autistic without a schedule he freaks) so ya that was a fun 5 min situation..

Diamondg4u2cme
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

My kid told someone we starved her... she is 12 5'1 and 171 pounds... the cps people laughed.

But when i gave birth to my 2nd DD in jan. They told me I was on METH!!! I never touch the stuff, and when i found out i was pregnant i stopped smoking cigs. She was our miracle baby, and I wasnt about to mess it up. I told them they better check me again that there was NO way tha i had it in my system... they woulnt even let me take my baby home till cps came, and searched my house. Come to find out, the stuff I was taking for my sore throat ( We thought I had strep throat ) Is one of the things to make meth! not only did I have to get a hair drug test done, but her father as well. I was so pissed off. my baby was 9lb 1oz and evey time I went to the doc they pissed tested me, and I was high risk cuz I had GD. Even the nurses said there was no way i was on meth, just the way my dd was so healthy and big. When the CPS worker called to tell us we could take my baby home, he even said, that he has never been in a home that was so well prepared, that there was nothing for us to worry about.... Sigh, the whole time in the hospital i was a wreck!!! It was not a beautiful day like it was suppose to be. and 2 of the nurses in the surgery room treated me like i was a sack of sh!t!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I can top that seriously and I wish the following was a joke: We moved during my freshman year of high school to a "fancy" area with my new step dad. Now at the time we looked about 9 and so didmy twin and so did my brother (he is 2yrs younger) Anyway at the time my parents left us home alone all the time, and the neighbor would see us fighting and acting up and being stupid teens, not anything major or dangerous. So without even trying to get to know us she called CPS and told CPS that my sister and I were fucking my brother who she assumed belonged to my step father (he is my full blooded brother and EWWW) so wtf does CPS do?? They open an investigation into small children having sex with each other out in the open and do they do they come talk to us about it no they then go to all the other neighbors houses (mind you where the peers that I don't know yet and have to start a new school with live) and ask them what the deal is. Then this asshole cps caseworker came up to the house and sees me walking back up to go inside, I was alone at this point, he then proceeds to ask me all kinds of personal questions about my brother and if I am in fact sleeping with him and why I am being left home alone at such an early age and all these other questions. When I went off on him about how disgusting the thought of all that is he just said o wow so he is your full blooded brother and you aren't 9. I just said yes and told him to get the fuck off my property. My mom didn't even know that cps was investigating until a few weeks later when we got an apology letter from CPS. But the damage was already done, I started that school year as the new kid that fucked her brother. The rest of my time in that high school was a living a hell. And it all could have been avoided if the jackass had just done some simple research or came over the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Omg... I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can top that seriously and I wish the following was a joke: We moved during my freshman year of high school to a "fancy" area with my new step dad. Now at the time we looked about 9 and so didmy twin and so did my brother (he is 2yrs younger) Anyway at the time my parents left us home alone all the time, and she would see us fighting and acting up and being stupid teens, not anything major or dangerous. So without even trying to get to know us she called CPS and told CPS that my sister and I were fucking my brother who she assumed belonged to my step father (he is my full blooded brother and EWWW) so wtf does CPS do?? They open an investigation into small children having sex with each other out in the open and do they do they come talk to us about it no they then go to all the other neighbors houses (mind you where the peers that I don't know yet and have to start a new school with live) and ask them what the deal is. Then this asshole cps caseworker come to the house and sees me walking back up to go inside and I was alone at this point, he then proceeds to ask me all kinds of personal questions about my brother and if I am in fact sleeping with him and why I am being left home alone at such an early age and all these other questions. When I went off on him about how disgusting the thought of all that is he just said o wow so he is your full blooded brother and you aren't 9. I just said yes and told him to get the fuck off my property. My mom didn't even know that cps was investigating until a few weeks later when we got an apology letter from CPS. But the damage was already done, I started that school year as the new kid that fucked her brother. The rest of my time in that high school was a living a hell. And it all could have been avoided if the jackass had just done some simple research or came over the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

CPS was called on me because my son was 2 yrs old and couldnt talk. CPS laughed because my son is deaf.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN