Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much more weight should i loose?

Posted by   + Show Post

I exercise every day. I'm having a very hard time losing any more weight. I'm 143lbs 5ft 7in. I'm having a very hard time with my body image lately. I want to lose 10-15 more lbs. I'm not sure if it's even possible.
What to do think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
Babujai
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Do you still feel fat because of the number on the scale or because of what you see in the mirror? Maybe focus less on the number and more on creating the silhouette that you'd like to see with targeted sculpting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you just need to tone and tighten, not really lose any weight.

Candi_gal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
You look great but you have to be comfortable yet healthy too.
Eating better will help with this and change up your exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should start with a small goal that doesn't make you think "I am not even sure I can do this", and start with a smaller step that has you thinking "I have totally got this, I can do it!". If that is 3 lbs, and then go from there, that is rad. 

Exercise, as I am guessing you already know isn't the only change you need to make it to where you want to be, and when you get closer to your bodies ideal weight, it gets more challenging, and you do need to get more cut throat.

Good luck 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
This.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

None! I think u look good !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
And this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you just need to tone and tighten, not really lose any weight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorisMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You look good! Curves are a good thing...if you lose to much you won't have any. Sticks aren't always pretty. Everyone is a different shape and size. I think you look good the way you are right now.

MamaJAG
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM

First, you look fine.  You could stop now.

2nd, I am very much the same way in the body image area.  I am 5' 7" as well.  I started 2011 at 159 pounds and made it down to 126 by August.  It was a long hard journey.  And guess what?  I still want to lose more.  Actually, I just like to move some fat to my boobs and a bit to my hips and then I'd be ok.  =)

Your calorie intake is too low.  Your body is in starvation mode and will turn everything you eat into fat.   You should not eat less than 1200 a day and that is low with exercise.  It might take your body a bit to figure out you aren't starving once you add some calories in so be patient.

You say you exercise every day.  Cardio?  Weights?  I would lay off the cardio a bit and focus in on more weights for a while.  Your body needs shocked, so whatever you are doing, switch it up.  

And eat more.  

And get your water in.  (Says the woman who has been known to go on 3 cups a day--in the desert.  LOL)

Be sure you are eating quality calories (I am plant based so no meat, no dairy, little oil, little refined sugar, little gluten, no processed food, LOTS of plants!!!!)

That's all I've got.  Good luck!

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM
It's both, I was really hoping to lose more body fat before attempting to tone

Quoting Babujai:

Do you still feel fat because of the number on the scale or because of what you see in the mirror? Maybe focus less on the number and more on creating the silhouette that you'd like to see with targeted sculpting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM
You look great now. Maybe some toning up to help you feel better about your body image, but you look great already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured