Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My three year old still uses a stroller

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM
  • 27 Replies

She isn't special needs or disabled. She is a normal three year old. For our walks down the road, I put her in the stroller with her 15mth old brother. It is a double stroller/bike trailer.

I do this because, while I have taught her that cars are dangerous and we do not run into the road, I do not want a circumstance where I am very wrong. I do not want to spank my child for running into the road. I do not want to use a backpack harness, not that I'm against them I just don't want to use one. We live in a busy area. If we go anywhere, we are near a busy road. If my husband is with us, she can walk, but there is no way in hell I'm going to try it alone.

That's my confession today:)

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meparty
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I dont see an issue wtih that, my kid was in a stroller till 5... do what you have to do, and dont think about what anyone else thinks about the safety of your kid in a stroller.

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Do whatever works for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

alright?> my four year old uses one from time to time. its life shit happens who cares what any one else thinks lol.

generally my daughter walks but we've had a few instance where we let her in the stroller.

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM

when we went to disneyland last year i brought our stroller and my daughter is 6. i couldn't care less what other people thought it made it easier for us

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM
3 isn't bad. The other day a lady was pushing a little girl in an umbrella stroller and her feet were dragging on the ground. Now that's bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I do it becase my 3 year old is too slow lol

aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Mine does too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Mine didn't, because the exercise was important as well as the skills building.  My oldest 2 are one year apart and my youngest is 3 years behind the middle.  But different people are comfortable with different choices.

army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM
My ds just turned 3 and we still use a stroller. Today we walked to the park and I took the double stroller and he rode in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kattu
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM
So does mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN