Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To many ppl having kids well over there 40's and 50's (Edit)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • 141 Replies

Poll

Question: What age should ppl have kids ???

Options:

18-25

26-40

late 40's and 50's

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

Why do i see more and more both female and males having childrean well over their 40's and 50's to me its insane to have childrean so damn old you wont be able to enjoy there company because your to old to run and chase after them ..

Well thats my opinion ....

Well thank you ladies for pointing out my grammar i know its off sorry ...

And sorry if i offended any one my mother had me when she was 33 and my sister at 42 this is just a question ?? I know many of ppl wait to get there education and good stable jobs to have kids and some ppl struggle .. i did nnot write to offend anyone ..

thank you

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:09 AM

My mom was 38 when she had me 30 years ago. Her age never slowed her down. She didn't wait on purpose, though. She tried to have kids for ten years before she randomly got pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM
11 moms liked this
Hmm. Kinda heartless and cruel to those of us who desparately want kids in our twenties while every fucking whore gets pregnant every time she opens her legs as she draws more welfare and smokes another ciggarette..
If i get pregnant now or in my forties.. it has no damn affect in you. Some people have fertility problems. Ignorance is bliss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Thanks for your opinion. Btw, it's THEIR not THERE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM
My mom had my siblings and I in her late 30s. My Dad was in his early 40s. They always had enough energy to chase after us...
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:17 AM
8 moms liked this

ya its insane to wait until you have your shit together financially. to be able to afford a good education, family vacations, stable housing, etc... Lets all have kids nice and young so we can conform to an old fashioned ideal made because people died a lot younger in the past.  O.o Seriously whats it matter to you or anyone else how old I was when i had my son? 

I run with him, I play with him, I actually can claim without a doubt in my old feeble mind that I now have the patience required for parenting. 

Gealach
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM
7 moms liked this

You need an option in the poll for "I don't care, I mind my own business"

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I had my kids at 25, 33, 37 and 38.  I have plenty of energy, both when they were young, and now that I'm 56.  I run 3 times a week, swim 3 times a week.  And I was in NO way ready before that (even at 25, I wasn't really prepared).  After 40?  Hey if you want to.

Btw - my parents are 83 and 88, and both VERY active.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Does it matter? No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candi1024
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Any age you want.

Wait until you are 40. It won't seem so damned old :)

Older parents tend to be much wiser, more financially secure, and more secure in themselves. IMO they make better parents. You can hire someone to do the running, lol!

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Why do care? I think you should focus on your grammar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN