Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stop asking to change my kid!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 51 Replies
My dad and his gf have been together about 10 months, shes nice, peppy, all around not so bad! I like her in general, we all went for pizza today and DS made a stinky one! He takes awhile to poop so I gave him about a minute to finish and then I got up to go change him..

Dads gf starts asking to.change him for me, I say "no, I've got this" and realize the diapers are in the car so I ask my grandma to watch the kids and run out to the car to grab the diapers.. But before I make it to the door she states asking to change him again, she'll even run to the car for me... No thank you, again, I've got this! We went back and forth for a minute....

I get back in, grab ds and head for the bathroom and SHE OFFERS TO HELP! I say " ya know this is something I do, nobody else, I've got this really! Its my job, my kid, ill change him"

I get half way through.changing him

She.walks in to wash her.hands.... Or check on us....

Does she think im stupid, or maybe.she thinks that I dont clean my kids well enough.... I dont know!!!! Shes not creepy, I think its a combination of two things, she's ocd.about cleanliness and she never had kids so she missed out on this stuff...

But seriously! This is not the first time we've been through this,.and next time I might just have to get rude!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Not enough drama? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Is she one of those over helpful people?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She might just be trying to do you a favor.

I mean, who really *wants* to change a diaper, she probably thinks that she is helping

razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Way way way overly helpful!!!!! Way!! Lol

I just wish she'd take a hint!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM

pull her aside some time when you don't have a dirty / wet diaper to change, while someone else keeps an eye on your kids, and tell her that while you appreciate her offer of help, diaper changes are something that only you and your husband do.  it's nothing personal, just your personal family rule.  hopefully it will prevent it from happening again.  if not, maybe it's time to talk to your dad.

hollydaze1974
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I don't think I've ever met someone so excited to change a poop diaper! I've had relative change them while watching him when I'm not there, but absolutely never has anyone been giddy about it! DH will do it , but he even HE doesn't ask to do it! wierd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Yeah, but after the 10th time of me saying no....

I dont mind that she offers,.its that she too pushy about it and out makese question her motives, like she.thinks.I cant clean my own.children....

Quoting mommaoftwo:

She might just be trying to do you a favor.

I mean, who really *wants* to change a diaper, she probably thinks that she is helping

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justgracie
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a big joke in our family.  When any new baby gets born my MIL has to change the diaper.  She has to.  Luckily she is adorable and everything she does is adorable too.

BTW, unless you are afraid she is a pedophile, you might just let her.  More people loving and caring for our kids is a good thing.  Kids need people besides their parents to invest in them.  And taking care is a way to invest.  They don't stay babies forever. 

razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Yeah, I will, im just really terrible at stuff like this, and shes the first mostly sane relationship my dad has ever had (i'm even counting my motherlol)

Its just this thing about being overly helpful or something, last te they came to my house and she.kept insisting on giving ds a bath!!!!

Quoting ff-princess:

pull her aside some time when you don't have a dirty / wet diaper to change, while someone else keeps an eye on your kids, and tell her that while you appreciate her offer of help, diaper changes are something that only you and your husband do.  it's nothing personal, just your personal family rule.  hopefully it will prevent it from happening again.  if not, maybe it's time to talk to your dad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelMama6203
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM

That's just a little too creepy for me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)