Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you make of this text (update)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are on vacation in Fl. While he was in the shower he got a text message. So I looked at it. It was a sad face from one of my girlfriends. I read the text from him to her.
It said

Having an ok time, wish you were her

I've been so depressed and trying to get my happy back and get ready for the baby. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this. After we got back from vacation, I confronted dh about my friend and the text message. He denied anything unscrupulous is going on. I don't believe him, but I don't know what to do. I'm pregnant, due in five weeks. I haven't talked to my friend and she hasn't called since we came back.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (301-310):
th78
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Bump- I need an update.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamma1993
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

And if you were at home you could just flush the toilet.At my house everyone knows something has me pissed if I do that while they shower.

Quoting Jensep:

Wow! I would take it exactly as it sounds! Is it a typo, did he say I wish you were HERE or I wish you were HER! Either one is not ok! To bad you are on vacation, I would confront him, then leave...I have 0 tolerance for that shit!

Keep us updated & good luck!!!

.Black.Widow.
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Well, his shower would get instantly cold and then shut off. I'd be packing my bags to go home, and he'd be informed that his wish has been granted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Um dear, he's fucking your friend! But you already know this NOW! There's nothing innocent about that text and I would bust both their asses!

Sarah5708Emma
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yeah I would not be impressed... and I would be taking the phone to him and tell him e better start explaining why he's telling MY friend that he misses her and wishes she as there in our vacation.. fuck that. Confront the ass wipe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkip1
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Update?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdva20082011
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Really? I have never known any of my SO's friends numbers, and vice versa. I could go thru his phone contacts and get their numbers, but if I texted them from my phone they wouldn't know who the hell I am. Unless we talk on the phone regularly. Which would obviously be inappropriate.

Quoting charliebean:

A lot of people know their SOs frienda numbers. That's not weird. Also not weird that she knows they're on vacation. How should I know what his comfort level is? Some guys are pigs and are comfortable saying ANYTHING.

Quoting Mdva20082011:

How would the husband know her friends number and be comfortable enough to text her that? If he said "wish u were here" then that means he and the friend talk enough for her to know they were going on vacation. Otherwise she would have replied what are you talking about? Who is this? Or something like that.

Quoting charliebean:

To play devil's advocate, we don't actually know that your friend is doing anything untoward. It's obvious your husband is a shitbag, but all we know she sent him is a frowny face, which could mean she's "sad" she's not there either, or that she's disappointed that her friend's husband just texted that to her, or she is uncomfortable and didn't know how to respond and just sent the face instead. I know if I was in that situation, I'd probably do the last and then tell my friend about it when she gets home. But you DEFINITELY need to do something about your skeevy husband.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Wow, yeah.  Not good at all.  I am so sorry, mama.

momma-flynn
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM
My dh & I have mutual friends. We talk & text eachother & nothing inappropriate is going on.

Quoting Mdva20082011:

Really? I have never known any of my SO's friends numbers, and vice versa. I could go thru his phone contacts and get their numbers, but if I texted them from my phone they wouldn't know who the hell I am. Unless we talk on the phone regularly. Which would obviously be inappropriate.

Quoting charliebean:

A lot of people know their SOs frienda numbers. That's not weird. Also not weird that she knows they're on vacation. How should I know what his comfort level is? Some guys are pigs and are comfortable saying ANYTHING.

Quoting Mdva20082011:

How would the husband know her friends number and be comfortable enough to text her that? If he said "wish u were here" then that means he and the friend talk enough for her to know they were going on vacation. Otherwise she would have replied what are you talking about? Who is this? Or something like that.

Quoting charliebean:

To play devil's advocate, we don't actually know that your friend is doing anything untoward. It's obvious your husband is a shitbag, but all we know she sent him is a frowny face, which could mean she's "sad" she's not there either, or that she's disappointed that her friend's husband just texted that to her, or she is uncomfortable and didn't know how to respond and just sent the face instead. I know if I was in that situation, I'd probably do the last and then tell my friend about it when she gets home. But you DEFINITELY need to do something about your skeevy husband.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisyb
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I wouldn't make anything out of it b/c i would be Throwing all his shit out of the hotel room & him too w/ a towel wrapped around his A$$! i don't think you can make any Good come out of this- i'm sorry..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)