Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting married soon and depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I will be getting married soon and I'm depressed. It's not because that I'm getting married, it's because none of my family will be here. I've offered to get my mother here, my father and I were never close so that doesn't bother me. My mom wants nothing to do with my wedding. I understand it's a few hundred miles from her, but I've offered to get her here and keep her comfortable. My aunt has offered to get her here as well as she'd come also. Her latest words to me were she didn't give a damn about this wedding. That came after I suggested we get married here, then have a 2nd reception in my hometown for friends and family who couldn't make it. She was completely against that too, saying she didn't want to be around no body. I'm just sick to my gut. I was watching "Say Yes to the Dress" tonight and just bawled as they were sharing the joys with the mothers. How do I get over this slump?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
coconut01
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Family sucks, you marriage is For you! You need to accept your mom is this way and say " I will no longer allow you to make me feel like shit "
It will take time.

Yay on the marriage tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Yeah I cried after my wedding because my dad wasn't there. He said he could come but he would loose his job. So I told him it was fine if he didn't. Well my wonderful mother in law guilt tripped him for not being there and the day of my wedding my dad called and all he could do was cry. It was horrible I was a basket case for days couldn't sleep I just felt horrible like I should have moved my wedding. The thing is we had already moved it once for him so to move it again was felt like he just said he couldn't go cause he wasn't ready for me to get married. So I know exactly how you feel. Plus I got married in another country so only two family members were able to go. I feel your pain!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I've accept her like this a long time ago. I guess the "little girl" in me just wants my mom to be a part of my life. We've gotten closer over the past year and you'd just think she'd want to be a part of it, but oh well. It's depressing. I know I chose to move away, but what was so bad about a 2nd reception to celebrate our joys and introduce him? Blah, whatever woman... that's all I could say to her.

Quoting coconut01:

Family sucks, you marriage is For you! You need to accept your mom is this way and say " I will no longer allow you to make me feel like shit "
It will take time.

Yay on the marriage tho!

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Know that you are building your own special family that won't behave this way. This is a new beginning for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:52 AM

We won't be having children. I'm nearly 40 and he doesn't want any. I have a daughter who's almost grown. I was married in an abusive, horrible marriage to her father and my mom did go to that wedding. She threw that in my face, said she went to that one, why go to another? And that's coming from a woman who divorced my father for the same reasons I ended up divorced. I throw my hands up. My friends are my chosen family. I love my mom but I'm just burning the bridges and move past this the best I can.

Quoting MamaLub:

Know that you are building your own special family that won't behave this way. This is a new beginning for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured