Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't afford back to school stuff so I'm going.. Updated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

to a local church event this morning. They are giving free hair cuts, health screenings, backpacks and school supplies, food, furniture, clothes, and baby stuff. I am embarrassed to have to go and I'm hoping I don't see anyone I know. I am only picking up the things we NEED (haircuts, backpacks, shirts for dd, few items for oldest ds (ds2 is set on everything bc of hand-me-downs), and hopefully a pair of shoes for all. I feel really bad having to get stuff for free so I'm going to talk with someone from the church about bringing whatever cloths I have that my children have out grown back to the church next week so that hopefully I can help some other parent that may be in need. 

The bookbags and school supplies were gone in the first 30 minutes so I waited in line to put our names on a list incase there are more donations. Waited in line for 3 hours for haircuts and I noticed when we got home that oldest ds hair is longer on one side than the other so I will have to go pay to get it fixed. :/ oh well. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Hugs. You have to do what you have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
You are doing what you have to, no shame in that mama. At least you are taking care of their needs. I hope things get better for you.
mommyladnad
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Do what you gotta do, Mama! It's awesome that you are remembering to pay it forward....

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM
glad they're able to help you out momma, and vice versa. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Dont be embarrassed for getting what your children need. I hate when I see parents whose children suffer because they were too damn lazy or proud to take a donation every now and then. Hold your head up you are doing your job right.
Panty.Pirate
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:37 AM
You must live in North Carolina, I heard about this on the news.

I think it's great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:37 AM

It sucks, but work on bettering your situation. You did know this day would be coming at tax time though....

Lady_In_Ink
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I think that sounds great. You shouldn't be embarrassed. Sometimes people need help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patchesmommy
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:39 AM

You are taking care of your children, there is no shame in that.

mama2gg
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Don't feel bad thats what its there for ! Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)