Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of this? 9-11, Atheists, Christians.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a non-religious person, I view this as art, albeit Christian in nature. I don't understand how it is offensive to Atheists, as a piece of art. Interesting debate, weigh in.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (151-158):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Feel better?

Quoting samsbaby78:

I often wonder how awesome the World would be if Atheists Christians put their money and resources into something good rather than constantly fighting against something they don't think exists anyway that doesnt have any effect on their own lives?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I often wonder how awesome the World would be if Atheists put their money and resources into something good rather than constantly fighting against something they don't think exists anyway?

samsbaby78
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

yep

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Feel better?

Quoting samsbaby78:

I often wonder how awesome the World would be if Atheists Christians put their money and resources into something good rather than constantly fighting against something they don't think exists anyway that doesnt have any effect on their own lives?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I often wonder how awesome the World would be if Atheists put their money and resources into something good rather than constantly fighting against something they don't think exists anyway?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good, you're easy!

Quoting samsbaby78:

yep

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Feel better?

Quoting samsbaby78:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

samsbaby78
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

i dont care if it is there. so long as they arent standing next to it shoving a bible down my throat it doesnt effect my life.

samsbaby78
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

that's what sam said. haha

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Good, you're easy!

Quoting samsbaby78:

yep

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Feel better?

Quoting samsbaby78:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Mommie_to_Bee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Im am atheist and i see no problen with this. Just like the debate back when of praying in schools. It should just be choice. If you dont want to be a part of this, dont and if you do then go for it. I dont see a ligit point in a lawsuit though. It seems kind of rediculous to sue over a cross shaped beam. To an atheist (or to me atleast) if you dont believe in a higher power then its really just a PLUS sign up there.

LeetjieJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM
This. And I presume that some of the many people who died were christian?

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

I don't see an issue with it.  And, quite frankly, I don't see why Athiests find it offensive.  If you do not believe in a higher power, why do you care?  No one is trying to inflict their beliefs on you with this cross... Some see it as art, others see it as a sign that God is real, and others just see a hunk of metal... I don't get it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alanaplus3
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I am atheist and I think it should be left in the museum.  Yes some see it as a religious symbol, but to me I see the cross beams of the building that they are building a museum to remember.  It is a part of that building and apart of history.  Just because some see it as a religious icon does not make it so and does not take away from the fact that it was part of the history that they are trying to preserve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN