Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf is up with women wanting child support for immature reasons o_0 (EDIT IN CAPS) Also I'm mobile might take some time

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 154 Replies
REASON 1: father isn't in the MOTHERS life anymore BUT still do for his kids, get them, spend time with them, buy things that they may need etc and yet the mother still wants child support?

REASON 2: the father is with another woman MEANING the mother is now mad so she takes his kid(s) away from him. She won't let him see them when he tries, blocks his calls then the mother only calls just to cuss HIM out bc he's moved on. So now that the MOTHER can't have him she's putting him on child support

REASON 3: mother puts father on CS because he wants out of the relationship with the mother (not the kid(s)

Someone please help me understand?

& if you know someone that does this please tell me the story

EDIT: IN EACH REASON THE FATHER TAKES CARE OF HIS CHILD(REN) FINANCIALLY. POINT IS IF HE'S A RESPONSIBLE MAN THAT SEES AND TAKES CARE OF HIS KIDS ON THE REGULAR BASICS WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

FINANCIALLY HE GIVES THE MOTHER MONEY, CLOTH THEM FEED THEM GET THEM FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME ETC I STILL DON'T SEE AN ISSUE IF HE'S A PROVIDER O_0 WHERE DOES CHILD SUPPORT FALL INTO PLACE IF HE DOES HIS PART FOR HIS KID(S) 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
11 moms liked this
Bottom line no matter what the situation is between the parents is that he is still responsible financially for them if he's no longer living with them for whatever reason .

That's just my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM
5 moms liked this

Wait, maybe it's because of the way you worded it but what is wrong with #1?

And I'm not understanding #3, either. Of course you should pay child support if you want out of the relationship. If you were IN the relationship, your bills would go towards the child.

I need more coffee.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
7 moms liked this

If you make a baby, you need to support it.  The relationship between the mother and father is irrelevant!

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Well if child support orders insure the kid gets money to be cared for but some women are so ridiculous about it. I know a man who used to brag about getting child support from his ex. One day his child support card didn't work and I was his cashier. I just kind of looked at him and sad sorry it's be declined! Here his support was cut because his earnings doubled and he was keeping his son from his ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Um...

no...

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I agree but @ the end of the day money isn't everything, time is. I understand kids need things but it's fathers that still do for there children

Quoting Anonymous:

Bottom line no matter what the situation is between the parents is that he is still responsible financially for them if he's no longer living with them for whatever reason .

That's just my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Agree

Quoting Anonymous:

That's just my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Reads like a man who would WANT to pay child support for his kids to me.

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

REASON 1: father isn't in the MOTHERS life anymore BUT still do for his kids, get them, spend time with them, buy things that they may need etc and yet the mother still wants child support?

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM
3 moms liked this
Honestly it doesn't matter what the motivation behind the mother filing is. The courts still see the need for a child to be supported, and couldn't care less if its for revenge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
7 moms liked this
I don't care what he does, or with whom (as long as it isn't affecting our child in a bad way). But taking him a couple days a month and buying him a few things here and there is NOT supporting him. He needs daycare, food the other 26 days of the month, clothing, medical care, etc.. etc...
I take care of all that, why shouldn't he make a contribution?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)