Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jealous Friend

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, so my friend is pissed off at me because my parents chose to buy my kids school clothes, shoes, backpacks and supplies. They each have at least thirteen new outfits and two new pairs of shoes apiece. She was ranting away on the phone to me about how I shouldn't allow my parents to buy them everything and that they could only afford to buy just a little for their kids. Excuse me? I didn't beg them or ask or anything...they volunteered. Then she goes on and on about how it's bad enough I get $700 a month in food stamps and only have to pay $50 a month for rent for my house and that she saw my parents bringing groceries into my house last week and that they shouldn't do that for me since I get food stamps. I told her they obviously want to do it and have no problem doing it so why run your mouth to me about it? Wow! I'm about to tell her to fuck off!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I don't understand why she would be jealous?  I'd be upset if I was on government assistance and my parents were helping out that much.  Shoot...we pay for all our clothes ourselves and only get 7 to 10 outfits per kid.  It does seem a bit much.  Maybe your parents feel sorry for your kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Okay, that's great but this post isn't about you. Her actions and words speak volumes.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Still not jealousy worthy for me  personally..  

I can't think of any reason why someone would be jealous of your situation.   That's why I doubt your "friend" is jealous. Venting, bitter, frustrated most likely due to her own situations... Jealous though.... Highly doubtful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well first of all, I am divorced because I married a controlling man and finally got tired of it so I left his stupid ass thank god. Second, my SO's job pays decent but since we are not married I don't expect him to fully support us. Even though he spends money on us, I don't expect him to. My kids are not his but he is a great guy, honest and non-controlling. Third, this post isn't about anyone here being jealous of me or not. This post is about my "friend" who obviously has a problem that I have such great parents who can and want to help me out. I couldn't care less if you are jealous of me or not.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Why I personally do not find your situation one to be jealous of:

You have children you can not support yourself.

You have a partner who can not fully support you or your children.

You say you are not capable of working, which I take to mean you are not capable of having an actual career that you work at and succeed in.

These are not things worthy of being jealous of for me personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is that? Is there something wrong with him working?

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Yeah......

Even more so now.....I totally stand by my original assessment. Your situation is not one to be jealous of.

Quoting Anonymous:

My SO works.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Does your husband / SO work since you can't (or don't not sure which it is)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

No, they just enjoy spending money on them. I am their only child so they can afford it. Why would they feel sorry for them? They have a roof over their head, nice clothes, three meals a day, etc etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand why she would be jealous?  I'd be upset if I was on government assistance and my parents were helping out that much.  Shoot...we pay for all our clothes ourselves and only get 7 to 10 outfits per kid.  It does seem a bit much.  Maybe your parents feel sorry for your kids? 

spicy_n_sweet
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I didn't say it was about "me".. your reading comprehension is lacking if you think that is what is being said... Read the blue part once again.  Her actions show someone : venting, frustrated, bitter and most likely due to her own situations............   her feelings probably have less to do with you and more to do with her own situation and what she said is just how it's coming out.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, that's great but this post isn't about you. Her actions and words speak volumes.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

I can't think of any reason why someone would be jealous of your situation.   That's why I doubt your "friend" is jealous. Venting, bitter, frustrated most likely due to her own situations... Jealous though.... Highly doubtful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

So, you get disability, child support, f/s, income adjusted housing... your s/o works... does he live with you?? If he does, I bet the income isn't being reported because then the amount of food stamps would go down and the rent on the income adjusted housing would go up....  

If your back is so screwed up to the point of needing disability, how in the world do you not only have sex but get pregnant and carry three children to term????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Well you keep saying that you are not jealous of me so that's the way you make it sound. Like I said, I couldn't care less. I don't care if she is jealous of me or not either but that is the way she comes off. Maybe if you heard the convo or seen how she acted it would be different. Regardless, what my parents do for me and my kids are none of her business.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

I didn't say it was about "me".. your reading comprehension is lacking if you think that is what is being said... Read the blue part once again.  Her actions show someone : venting, frustrated, bitter and most likely due to her own situations............   her feelings probably have less to do with you and more to do with her own situation and what she said is just how it's coming out.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

spicy_n_sweet
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM

If I "saw" how she acted. I most likely would still feel the same way.

If it's none of her business. How does she know so much of your business? How does she know how much you get in FS? How does she know how much you pay in rent? How does she know any of this, since it's none of her business?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you keep saying that you are not jealous of me so that's the way you make it sound. Like I said, I couldn't care less. I don't care if she is jealous of me or not either but that is the way she comes off. Maybe if you heard the convo or seen how she acted it would be different. Regardless, what my parents do for me and my kids are none of her business.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

He doesn't live with me but he is just down the road from me. He wants to move in but I told him I am not ready for that just yet. Obviously, my doctor and Social Security think my back is bad enough to where I cannot work. You do know women can have sex laying on their back right? As far as pregnancy, I was on bed rest quite a bit but it all worked out.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, you get disability, child support, f/s, income adjusted housing... your s/o works... does he live with you?? If he does, I bet the income isn't being reported because then the amount of food stamps would go down and the rent on the income adjusted housing would go up....  

If your back is so screwed up to the point of needing disability, how in the world do you not only have sex but get pregnant and carry three children to term????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM

And you talk about MY reading comprehension. I said that what my parents do for me and my kids is none of her business. She knows about my food stamps and rent because we were talking about our financial situations, etc etc and I told her. That's how she knows.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

If I "saw" how she acted. I most likely would still feel the same way.

If it's none of her business. How does she know so much of your business? How does she know how much you get in FS? How does she know how much you pay in rent? How does she know any of this, since it's none of her business?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I would never be jealous of someone in your situation...so I'm not sure why she would be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)