Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for the pot smokers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How long before delivery did you stop smoking?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Replies (211-218):
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM
no they didn't do any of that inn the hospital....well atleast not that I know of cuz I'm pretty sure they would've had to tell me...and my cousin said she seen the Dr put the placenta in the box but who knows what they did with it...but nobody ever told me about any drug test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Thanks!
What state was this?

Quoting lissetteP:

no they didn't do any if in the hospital....well atleast not that I know of cuz I'm pretty sure they would've had to tell me...and my cousin said she seen the Dr put the placenta in the box but who knows what they did with it...but nobody ever told me about any drug test
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Illinois ..wer r u from

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!

What state was this?

Quoting lissetteP:

no they didn't do any if in the hospital....well atleast not that I know of cuz I'm pretty sure they would've had to tell me...and my cousin said she seen the Dr put the placenta in the box but who knows what they did with it...but nobody ever told me about any drug test

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM
The south

Quoting lissetteP:

Illinois ..wer r u from

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!

What state was this?

Quoting lissetteP:

ShesALady
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I didn't smoke at all while pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaha
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BUMP!

RaeRaeNe
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I love weed. my son is perfectly healthy. I will always be a stoner. It hasnt negatively affected my life in any way. But again I live somewhere its leagal and everyone does it! happy 420!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Please tell me where in my post I said that I didn't have a hard pregnancy. I said that I had severe morning sickness and I did not feel the need to go into any more detail than that in regards to my pregnancies. While I am not a doctor I am in medical school right now and the other methods of dealing with the morning sickness that I listed are how I handled it. There are not enough studies that have been done to justify a pregnant woman smoking pot without the doctor knowing. I fully understand the benefits of medical marijuana and I support the use of it for medical purposes. But if the reason for smoking it is because of morning sickness then there are other ways that are still natural and better for the baby. That is all that I was saying, so maybe you should really read the whole comment before jumping to conclusions about it.

Quoting redneckmama4:

I love the *I didn't have a hard pregnancy, so how could you* mentality...it's idiotic on so many levels.

Are you a doc? Have you done any research or are you just *internet smart*?

I had three pretty much normal pregnancies and then the last one nearly killed me. Every one of my doctors and nurses all those years and pregnancies knew I smoked pot...AND THEY DIDN'T CARE!!!

Pot is the least of docs and nurses worries when a woman is pregnant...educate yourself PLEASE!!! Or stick with topics you know somethin' about!!

Quoting Anonymous:

That is why you just deal with it in other ways. Why put something into your body that could have a negative effect on your baby? I had severe morning sickness with both of my pregnancies and it lasted the whole pregnancy both times. There are much better things to do like drink teas, get those ginger pops, and stay hydrated. I never took any of the prescriptions or used a drug of any kind during either pregnancy. I don't care what people do until they start doing things that can possibly have a negative effect on their children, born yet or not.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

It is safer than the drugs most commonly used to help ease morning sickness.

Quoting college.mom:

I don't understand not quitting while your pregnant. You can't even give up 9 months of smoking for your childs health. I'm all for weed being legal i'm not for people disregarding their childrens health

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)