Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

freaked out....vaccinations.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies
My son starts kindergarten on wed and he is supposed to be inoculated. I've had 3 appointments to have them done. I've canceled 2 of them, the next appointment is Monday. I'm sooooo torn over this. On one hand I feel strongly that I shouldn't put these horrid toxins into my kids body for the sake of "protecting" him. On the other hand im fearful of him getting sick because I didn't have him inoculated. I'm so confused as ND upset right now. I don't know what to do and im running out of time to make this decision.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyfesha
by monster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You could always not vax and just homeschool.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I'm a single mom of there and taking Cna classes soon. I need to work so homeschooling isn't an option for us. Id def consider it if it was. I'm really distressed over this.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM
14 moms liked this

You do NOT have to vaccinate in order for him to attend public school unless you are in West Virginia or Mississippi. The other 48 states have exemptions based upon religion and/or personal convictions.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Have you talked to your doctor about the pros and cons of vaxing?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a single mom of there and taking Cna classes soon. I need to work so homeschooling isn't an option for us. Id def consider it if it was. I'm really distressed over this.

MyLittlePwny
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We vax and there hasn't been a problem. I cringe more from the pain of the shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I'm in VA so I know now it's not an issue with letting him attend. I think this is an ethical dilemma for me as a mom. I don't know what the right thing to do is.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Why not get a waiver and not vaccinate him for now and take time to read over the facts and talk to the doctor and everything first?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My eldest is based. He is perfectly fine. It's only been the last few years or so that I've educated myself on the ingredients of these inoculations and become very alarmed by what's in them. We are a very health conscious family, only eat organic and I try hard not to expose my little ones to things I know are harmful. Idk.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

We vax and there hasn't been a problem. I cringe more from the pain of the shots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I think that may be the way to go since im so uncomfortable with it

Quoting purpleducky:

Why not get a waiver and not vaccinate him for now and take time to read over the facts and talk to the doctor and everything first?

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We delay and selectively vax. For example, we have given the basics (Polio, MMR) but have delayed others and skipped some altogether. DTaP they have each only had once because it turns out all 4 have the same bad reaction I do. I had to have one a year ago when I micro-fractured my knee and had a large puncture wound and the reaction was worse than the injury so I will let them make that choice as adults. Varicella? Only the teens have had it. We don't do flu shots or Gardisil. We research each one and base it on how we feel about it and what is best for our family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)