Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you've ever broken a bone

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 68 Replies
I know it's normal to have mild soreness afterwards like during bad weather and such, but is it normal to have strong pain at the site of the break 3 years later? I had a complete radial head fracture a couple years ago, and every now and then (oddly starting just this summer, never bothered me before), it will start shooting pain if I hold it in the same position or lean on it for too long. I don't know if it's just the muscle being bitchy or if the arthritis they told me would develop is finally making an appearance or if it didn't heal correctly, but it's annoying and I'm a bit concerned. Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charliebean
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PepperWillow
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM

yes, i've broken both wrists, both arms, my thumb, and both ankles....i just have pain in them a lot. i usually take meds for it but i can't now because i'm pregnant.

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Maybe the arthritis is rearing it's ugly head :-( I've had injuries to my knee and the arthritis has started. Ughh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Dh deals with all of it. The doctors had to break his tibia to repair an injury he sustained in Iraq. They broke it and then put in a steel plate and donor tissue. It's not that his healed wrong, there was just no way for it to heal well. He'll need another surgery on it in the upcoming year, this will make the third surgery in 5 years. If I were you, I would see an orthopedist, they'll be able to figure out what's going on and what you'll need to do! Good luck mama!
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM

OH jeeze!! Don't tell me this! I'm 29 and had managed to go my entire life without breaking a bone until two weeks ago when I was hit head on. 

I fractured my radial head! 

(so, I have no advice since mine is newly broken - I hope it starts to feel better soon!!) 

charliebean
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. How in earth did you get all those injuries? Are you a pro skater? Lol

Quoting PepperWillow:

yes, i've broken both wrists, both arms, my thumb, and both ankles....i just have pain in them a lot. i usually take meds for it but i can't now because i'm pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I have the same problem with my right foot but I also did not allow it to heal properly.

PepperWillow
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM

i got one on the playground in Kindergarten. The rest were from my older sister. She was very abusive.

Quoting charliebean:

I'm sorry to hear that. How in earth did you get all those injuries? Are you a pro skater? Lol

Quoting PepperWillow:

charliebean
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Yeah, I figured that's probably it, but I don't knew what arthritis feels like so I'm not sure if that's it lol. Does yours get really stiff and you can't move it without intense shooting pain? Is that arthritis? Lol

Quoting graciesnycmama:

Maybe the arthritis is rearing it's ugly head :-( I've had injuries to my knee and the arthritis has started. Ughh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I'm sorry. I hope it gets better for him.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Dh deals with all of it. The doctors had to break his tibia to repair an injury he sustained in Iraq. They broke it and then put in a steel plate and donor tissue. It's not that his healed wrong, there was just no way for it to heal well. He'll need another surgery on it in the upcoming year, this will make the third surgery in 5 years. If I were you, I would see an orthopedist, they'll be able to figure out what's going on and what you'll need to do! Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN