Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Loving your kids too much?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

My 9 month old daughter has been sick the past 3 days. She has a low fever and doesn't seem to want to be alone in her crib at night. I work third shift and the last 2 nights I spent holding her in my arms. Well tonight she's still sick but I think I could get her to snuggle with daddy so I can work, but I stayed home instead! I feel bad about not going, but I'd feel worse about not making sure she's all better first. I know I'm a good mom, but sometimes I feel like other parents don't put there kids first like I do. 

Would you have left or stayed?

Edit: This was just a vent I'm not saying that someone who leaves is less of a mom. I was trying to say that sometimes I feel like I care too much and put them first too much. Don't take offence to my feelings please!

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Stayed if possible. It is part of being a mom, especially when they are little like that. 

3kidz123
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Thank you, I feel better knowing someone else would have stayed too!!!

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Stayed if possible. It is part of being a mom, especially when they are little like that. 

3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM
If I could keep my job and stay home I would. DH is not working at the moment so I usually really need to be here. But I've called in plenty of nights to stay home with my sick babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I hope she feels better. It is hard when our babies are sick, even at 12 it is hard when my baby gets sick. I am glad you could be with her. 

Quoting 3kidz123:

Thank you, I feel better knowing someone else would have stayed too!!!

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

rissamom224
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Some people may not be able to cause of bills and living paycheck to pay check if I was able to Id stay of course Id even play it off as me being sick to my boss.. i hope baby feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Thank you everyone! If she's not better on monday I'm taking her in to the doc, but for now I'm just giving her cuddles, kisses, and tylonal :)

KME445
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

In general, it's not a choice I have to make in my current work situation.  But I would say you need to learn to do what is best for your family (whether that is staying or going) without making it a competition and judging those who would have made another choice.  Especially implying that this single choice is evidence of your greater love for your child.

Sanctimommy is not a good look on anyone.

Quoting 3kidz123:

My 9 month old daughter has been sick the past 3 days. She has a low fever and doesn't seem to want to be alone in her crib at night. I work third shift and the last 2 nights I spent holding her in my arms. Well tonight she's still sick but I think I could get her to snuggle with daddy so I can work, but I stayed home instead! I feel bad about not going, but I'd feel worse about not making sure she's all better first. I know I'm a good mom, but sometimes I feel like other parents don't put there kids first like I do. 

Would you have left or stayed?

LucyHarper
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have left, its part of being a mom to make sure they have food on their plates and a roof over their heads, can't do that if I skip work everytime they are ill when there is already someone there to care for them. By going to work, I am putting my kids first.

NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM
If it was because she's teething, I probably would have gone to work. If she was really sick, I would skip. It also depends on how understanding the job is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymaid23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I would have stayed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN