Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do YOU decorate your home? ETA!!!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
My home is decorated. When people come over, (like the man from Comcast today) I always get "oh this is very nice home! So nicely decorated.."

We don't live in a huge home, but didn't matter where we lived, our home was nicely decorated

I'm always surprised and grateful for the compliments of course, but it boggles me why people are so shocked when they come into our home..

I mean, do any of you decorate your home, or do you just have a home for comfort?

FYI: if your on a budget for nice home items, HOMEGOODS always has a nice clearance aisle, Target, Big Lots, Kirklands, The Family Dollar ( YES, the family dollar), Bells, Marshals, TJ Maxx, Ross, Tuesday Morning, and Stein Mart, all have great deals!

also ladies!! You get a LOT of ideas from pinterest, HGTV.com, and Google pictures!! Lol!! Seriously! Just type in what you're looking for.. Say "traditional living room" and click pictures(Google) Wa la! Lots of nice ideas!!! (:
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes I do mine and others as a side job...it's good money in it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

knols and hobby lobby as well have nice things...

mr.scariesmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM
We are more comfort I guess. I also have a son with autism and am afraid that he will break things when he gets upset so maybe when the kids get older we will decorate for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
When I worked this interior decorator always came in for home items to decorate model homes. She used to spend thousands! Then shed return it all after the showing! She used to drive me nuts!! But she did drive a Bentley!!! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do mine and others as a side job...it's good money in it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Oh!! Never heard Of knols, but def Hobby Lobby!

Quoting Anonymous:

knols and hobby lobby as well have nice things...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmamiz07
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Home for comfort for now. Waiting until we move to a bigger place so I could get the sofas, etc I want.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought everyone did at least to some extent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

We decorate it nothing fancy. We have 50's theme in our living room. The wall art is James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. We don't have enough money for a lot so most the furniture is just basics.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

My friend that is an interior decorator did most of mine. I did the kids room's and the kitchen but she did the rest of it. 

PepperWillow
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

pictures? yes i decorate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)