Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He disowned our daughter!! **edited to add text from original post

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
  • 23 Replies
I'm on mobile and accidentally deleted my post :/

But to answer a few questions :

We have 2 kids. Our DD is 14 and our DS is 7. He gets our DS every other weekend. He did not ask for more time than that.

We were married for 15yrs. He decided he wasn't happy on June 4 and moved out June 5. He moved in with gf two weeks later. Our divorce was final the 2nd of this month, and he is marrying his gf next week. That is a lot for any child to take in, in only 2 1/2 months.

I am getting her into therapy. I was just waiting in it to get approved by our insurance and to get an appointment. She starts tomorrow.

Her dad has not tried to make amends. I don't know why he said that in his text. He refuses to even see our DD with out his gf there. He actually said "oh well, she has to get used to gf being around "

She isn't rude or disrespectful to him or the gf. She has cut off all contact with him. She didn't even respond to the text he sent, she just came and showed me.

I don't badmouth him or tell her my opinion but she is smart enough to see the situation for what it is.

Lastly, I am not going to force her to go. During the divorce hearing I told the judge about this situation. He said that our DD was old enough to decide if she wanted to go or not. He said neither of us could force her.

Edit--- this is the text he sent her

"look you don't want me in your life and don't want to see me, that's fine. Do not forget that I have tried to be in your life and you have rejected me very time, so I hope you have a good sucessful life. Goodbye "
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisandjakesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
=\ that sucks.. I'm sorry for your dd, my dad got like that too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
poor girl :( like you said that's a lot for a kid to take in so fast. he's a jerk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyladnad
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I am sorry you are going through this. It sounds awful. I am sure you are hurt and your kids are too. I don't blame your dd for not wanting to see her dad or the gf. In her eyes, he and the gf just ruined her family as she knows it. It sounds like you are doing all the right things for her. ((hugs)) and I hope that you all can heal and move forward in your lives.

l.e.v
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
wow, i dont know the whole story i didnt get to read the last post but from the sounds of it, your xhubby sounds like hes bein a selfish brat throwin a temper tantrum because ddint doing what he wants when he wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I'll say my same reply as the last post.....
He's a fucking piece of shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much and your daughter too, it must be really hard for her, but I agree with the judge on this one, it's her choice! By the way, he sounds like a real jerk!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Sounds like my ex. He won't see our daughter without his girlfriend. Some men care more about shoving their new relationship down their kid's throat than they do about paying attention to the way their child feels. It's sickening. They're just retarded. Gotta push the salt in their family's wounds every chance they get. 

Sorry you and your children have to go through this.

Mama2ETA
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Sounds like he is listening to the new bitch. What an ass. I'm sorry you and your kids are going through that.

Celia21
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

wow!!!! what a freakin A-HOLE.

he has no clue how that is going to affect your children.:(

what scum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN