Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of house can you buy where you live for $500K?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

In S. FL that will get you a newer construction home about 4500 sq ft.  Obviously much more expensive if you are close to the beach.  We're about 12 miles from the beach.

Just curious about other areas and how much you can buy with $500K 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (61-70):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

In the part of Ma I live in you will get less then 2400 sq ft on 1/2 acre.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Wow!  Where?

Quoting ack86:

There's one here for $475k and it has 45 acres, and airport, a tennis court, beach rights, 5 bed, 4 bath. It has a bunch of other buildings I have no clue what they are. We just got a 6 bedroom, 2 bath with 3 kitchens and 3 acres for $60,000. We're taking 2 kitchens out, and turning part of it into a garage.

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
A super awesome one. Rural Missouri.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bremery
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Down south in Parker, you would get a nice house, but not huge! About 3000-4000 sq ft and 4 bedrooms. It's a little more expensive in douglas county

Quoting CheyanneW:

Same I'm up in Arvada.

Quoting brittney28:

A pretty dam nice one... I live in Denver Colorado.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Here, with that much money I could buy a huge piece of land away from town and build a house at least 4 times the size of the one we currently live in, which is just over 1000 sq. ft. with the garage.

drfink
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quoting sdunaway08:

A MANSION! Literally. We purchased our home last September for only $84,000. It is 3 bed, 3 bath, 2 livings spaces, huge mud room, 2 laundry rooms, HUGE yard, green house (glass and wood not the premade things), 2 covered patios, barn, 3 car garage, 3 car carport and an 1bed 1 bath apartment over out garage that we rent out. The whole home was newly remodeled. We also received brand new energy effecient appliances with the home. Hardwood floors throughout except in bedrooms.

The funny thing about where we live...is we can buy a house like ours and have a mortgage of $600 but to rent a house like ours would be $1400. Doesnt make a lot of sense. Cost of living is SUPER cheap here for homeowners but not for renters.

Plus, we rent out of apartment, all bills included, for $650. That covers our entire mortgage. We just basically pay for all the utilities.

oh my gosh what houses lease for makes my head spin.Transfered oil execs will lease a year in our neighborhoods while deciding where to live.Oh my gosh at least 75 % more than a mortgage payment.It makes me cringe when I think of all that money going into a lease not a buy.I understand that they need to look around and get settled but it is so much money.SMH

o0gone0o
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Just about any house you wanted. Plenty of land, inground pool so forth.. You can find nice houses under $100k here. 

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
A huge new house on the lake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zugichbaby6
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Maybe a small 3br 1200 sq ft
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
90210Mommy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Not a lot, probably a 2 bedroom with about 800 square feet. I'm in Beverly Hills and it's not cheap. Not getting in to specifics I will say that even my condo in Santa Monica which is only 4 bedrooms was way over that, LA county is expensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

In S. FL that will get you a newer construction home about 4500 sq ft.  Obviously much more expensive if you are close to the beach.  We're about 12 miles from the beach.

Just curious about other areas and how much you can buy with $500K 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured