Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're fat...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who had the staple surgery last year to loss weight she's lost about 120 lbs which is great BUT I think is BS. She also has major health issues now as a result of the surgery from kidney stones to a bad knee both of which are common after this operation because you can't consume enough water to clean your body anymore. The regimen after surgery is to eat no more than a cup of food ever and workout 6 days a week. If she'd cut portions and worked out before she would have lost weight lol. It's dumb weight loss surgery is simply for the lazy, if you're fat work out simple as that.There is no or who can not no way no how lose weight.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Have you had your thyroid checked? That is a messed up deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just wish I could lose weight....but it never works. Ever. Its really depressing when I eat how the nutritionist tells me, work out 6 days a week, and still (over the course of a year) lose barely any weight and dont look any better at all. By that time I am getting frustrated with my failure to lose weight and I just want to give up. So I do.

I would still never get that surgery. Im scared of surgery. I just wish someone could give me help with weightloss. Ive been fat since I was a child. It is really depressing. :-(

Verrine
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I do not think that major surgery is easy! There is a lot of education they have to do beforehand and there are lifestyle changes. The plus with the surgery is that they see results quickly and that can motivate them to continue with the lifestyle changes. Several people I know have done it. 

LadyDarkNight
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually, you are full of shit. Just saying. I have been overweight most of my adult life and it is from having pcos. If I want to loose weight I have to pretty much starve myself. I have been to the gym daily for hours a day and couldn't loose to save my soul. Now I don't eat. And why? Because I need to loose weight to help my fibro. Don't judge everyone who is overweight. You never know what battles they are fighting.

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone with PCOS is overweight and has trouble losing weight. I worked my ass off in the gym and ate healthy and lost almost all of my baby weight. PCOS is not a metabolic syndrome. It's hormonal and with the right dose of either bc or any other hormone controlling med there is no reason PCOS should prevent someone from losing weight.. people use these things as an excuse to just not bother losing weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm...I see what you're saying, but I can garentee that there will be people who will want to explain to you that PCOS makes it nearly impossible to lose weight, as does metabolic syndrome. But Since you are the weightloss expert, I think I would just let you explain that to them.  Underlying medical conditions can and do make it very difficult, if not impossible, to lose weight.

But does someone need an excuse not to lose weight?  

fairyjester
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

you last sentence makes no sense what so ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Are you sure the bad knee wasn't from her orginial weight?  Happened to my cousin.  She also had kidney stones.  She never had weight loss surgery and her doctors told her those two problems were likely a result of her being overweight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I didn't say that PCOS is a metabolic syndrome. I said that someone with either condition or other health conditions can struggle to lose weight. Good for you for working as hard as you do to keep yourself healthy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone with PCOS is overweight and has trouble losing weight. I worked my ass off in the gym and ate healthy and lost almost all of my baby weight. PCOS is not a metabolic syndrome. It's hormonal and with the right dose of either bc or any other hormone controlling med there is no reason PCOS should prevent someone from losing weight.. people use these things as an excuse to just not bother losing weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm...I see what you're saying, but I can garentee that there will be people who will want to explain to you that PCOS makes it nearly impossible to lose weight, as does metabolic syndrome. But Since you are the weightloss expert, I think I would just let you explain that to them.  Underlying medical conditions can and do make it very difficult, if not impossible, to lose weight.

KCayea
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

yup because its that easy. its not easy at all.  i've been on working out and eating well for 8 months and i've lost 37 lbs, and that is by no means easy even if you have the gastric. its still not an easy fix. it still takes will power and alot of work

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I am on full thyroid replacement and I workout and eat right so your friend is just lazy hun sorry.

Quoting mrswillie:

You are so off in your way of thinking.  I have a friend who has a thyroid problem along with psych. issues.  The meds for psych. issues cause weight gain as well as the thyroid problem.  She eats very little and very healthy yet can not loose. This is causing depression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
There are plenty of ways to lose weight with bad knees and diabetes. People just have to actually want to find the ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not saying that it is impossible, but it can be very difficult. Take however you can get it.  For someone who has bad knees, diabetes, and other health issues, losing weight is a very difficult thing. It isn't an excuse, it is a reality. I am glad that you have sucess that you have.  Congradulations. 

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I have pcos and have managed to drop 30 lbs this yr through dedication.

. I go to the gym 3-5 days a week and watch what I eat. I have nothing to drink other than my two cups of coffee then water water water. Nothing else. I usually follow Atkins unless I am running. And I am dropping inches and adding muscle.

. So it isn't impossible that's an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)