Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're fat...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who had the staple surgery last year to loss weight she's lost about 120 lbs which is great BUT I think is BS. She also has major health issues now as a result of the surgery from kidney stones to a bad knee both of which are common after this operation because you can't consume enough water to clean your body anymore. The regimen after surgery is to eat no more than a cup of food ever and workout 6 days a week. If she'd cut portions and worked out before she would have lost weight lol. It's dumb weight loss surgery is simply for the lazy, if you're fat work out simple as that.There is no or who can not no way no how lose weight.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (51-60):
fairyjester
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

not sure if i would really call major abdominal surgery  "the easy way out"

Quoting Anonymous:

And that's cool it just bugs me to no end that she spends all her time complaining about her health when she did it to herself taking the easy way out.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I am fat and I only considered the surgery in passing. I understand that there are things I could do to lose weight not the surgery. 

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

PepperWillow

i know someone who gained over 20lbs to qualify for the surgery.

Alynn74

I agree.

If you are willing to make the drastic lifestyle changes that these kind of surgeries require afterwards, you should be able to make the less drastic lifestyle changes of eating healthy and exercising without the surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM
PCOS is a hormone imbalance that can be controlled failure to control it and using it as an excuse is just that an excuse.

Quoting LadyDarkNight:

Actually, you are full of shit. Just saying. I have been overweight most of my adult life and it is from having pcos. If I want to loose weight I have to pretty much starve myself. I have been to the gym daily for hours a day and couldn't loose to save my soul. Now I don't eat. And why? Because I need to loose weight to help my fibro. Don't judge everyone who is overweight. You never know what battles they are fighting.

mstkn.identity
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
My aunt had it done a few yrs ago and has hell with her health ever since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Both of my maternal Aunts had bypass surgery .. one is addicted to getting it tightened and the other is in slow progress of losing the weight. My Mother had several health issues, which she has under control and is slowly making progress on getting back to good health, decided to start eating healthier and healthier amounts. Guess which one lost weight faster (and healthier for the body) and still continues to lose weight and is completely happy with themselves?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
From what she's said the kidney issue is because of the issues with water intake and the knee is because of all the working out suddenly BUT that could all still be left over from years of abuse I'm sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure the bad knee wasn't from her orginial weight?  Happened to my cousin.  She also had kidney stones.  She never had weight loss surgery and her doctors told her those two problems were likely a result of her being overweight.

LadyDarkNight
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Haha! That's a good one, dumbass. Read up. Then come back and fight an honest battle. Pcos is not just hormonal and that is not all that is wrong with me. I also have endometriosis, fibromyalgia, copd, chrons disease and several more things that I don't wish to disclose. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stupidity is not an excuse for dumb replies. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

PCOS is a hormone imbalance that can be controlled failure to control it and using it as an excuse is just that an excuse.

Quoting LadyDarkNight:

Actually, you are full of shit. Just saying. I have been overweight most of my adult life and it is from having pcos. If I want to loose weight I have to pretty much starve myself. I have been to the gym daily for hours a day and couldn't loose to save my soul. Now I don't eat. And why? Because I need to loose weight to help my fibro. Don't judge everyone who is overweight. You never know what battles they are fighting.

PepperWillow
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM

meds for psych issues really can cause extreme weight gain. especially anti-pyscotics.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am on full thyroid replacement and I workout and eat right so your friend is just lazy hun sorry.

Quoting mrswillie:

You are so off in your way of thinking.  I have a friend who has a thyroid problem along with psych. issues.  The meds for psych. issues cause weight gain as well as the thyroid problem.  She eats very little and very healthy yet can not loose. This is causing depression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Oh wow! That's insane.

Quoting PepperWillow:

i know someone who gained over 20lbs to qualify for the surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN