Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm old these days...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 21, I got pregnant at 19, had my son at 20. Just in the past 2 years, I feel like I've gotten older, much older than my friends without kids. The weird thing is, the friends that I used to look up to, that are much older than myself, I look at them like they're kids. It's definitely not the same. I see them partying, and I have no interest in that, because that's what I did when I was a kid.

Now that I have a kid and I'm a stay at home mom and have lived a lot, even though I'm considered young, I think you don't really grow up until you have a child.

Your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I feel old compared to many.. Seen and done alot in my 35 years
afsfym00
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I'm 19, I have 6 year old twins, have lived with my now fiance for three years, am engaged, pregnant, and almost done with my bachelors degree, we are completely independent. I feel closer to 30 than 20. I was forced to grow up early, so I feel like I'm an adult, I've been a mother for six, almost 7 years, I've done the whole school thing for the kids, the soccer mom, etc. I'm physically 19, but in every other way, I'm much older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM
You had twins at 13?

Quoting afsfym00:

I'm 19, I have 6 year old twins, have lived with my now fiance for three years, am engaged, pregnant, and almost done with my bachelors degree, we are completely independent. I feel closer to 30 than 20. I was forced to grow up early, so I feel like I'm an adult, I've been a mother for six, almost 7 years, I've done the whole school thing for the kids, the soccer mom, etc. I'm physically 19, but in every other way, I'm much older.
afsfym00
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM
12, a few days before I turned 13.

Quoting Anonymous:

You had twins at 13?

Quoting afsfym00:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM
O.o...
How old were you when you conceived said twins?

Quoting afsfym00:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I feel a lot older than 23. I always relate better to women in their 40's and I do not really have any friends my own age. 

afsfym00
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
12, same age I was when I had them.

Quoting o.O....:

O.o...

How old were you when you conceived said twins?

Quoting afsfym00:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Wow, did you finish school? Who took care of them while you were being a kid? Not judging just genuinely curious...

Quoting afsfym00:

Quoting Anonymous:

You had twins at 13?

Quoting afsfym00:

afsfym00
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I took care of them, I finished school at home, finished early, got my GED, and like I said, I'm almost done with my bachelors and I'm 19.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, did you finish school? Who took care of them while you were being a kid? Not judging just genuinely curious...

Quoting afsfym00:

Quoting Anonymous:

You had twins at 13?

Quoting afsfym00:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I agree.  I think most people are unable to be truly mature until they have experienced the selflessness of parenthood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)