Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she doesnt like our children

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
my husbands sis lives about a mile from us his mothers in the next town. she visit her constantly almost never comes here. she keeps her kids overnite and babysits all the time. when one of our kids asked to stay the nite she comes up with excuses and has NEVER babysitted for us and our oldest is 10. this last christmas she got our neices the shoes with wheels in them, our children got a stuffed animal. she took her kids and got them all 2 new outfits and a pair of shoes for school. our children didnt get any new clothes as we was lucky to get their school supplies since i lost my job and my husbands plant is closing next month. ive learned to deal with her ignoring us but its outrageous how she treats our kids. and the worst part is now theyre started to ask y their nana does this stuff for their cousins and not them. all i can tell them is idk :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Replies (21-27):
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Is your husband's sister a single mom?  Could that be why grandma gives her kids more?  Not saying it's right, but perhaps she feels like the other kids need a helping hand.  If I were you I would severely limit my kids' interaction with her and make sure they have everything they need and some of what they want. 

l.e.v
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM
my husbands dad is the same way, i distance myself and keep my kids away from that whole situation as much as possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM
My mil lives 5 min away and hasn't seen my dd since her birthday 2 months ago. Some women are just cold hearted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Your husband's mother is obviously favoring his sister over him.  The snub is obvious.  It is sad, have you or your husband confronted her about it?  If it were me, I'd just write her off and refuse her to even have anything to do with the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM
my husband has tried to talk to her about this but it never works so we basically have nothing to do with her. the last straw was this summer we was having a heat wave and we was headed home from church and had to stop by there for his stepdad. they have chiwawas (?) and my kids couldnt go inside because of them. when my fil told her to pen them in the dining room so we could go in the ac she got mad and said it was too hot in that room for them. he let loose on her cuz she was picking the dogs over the kids and we just ended up leaving and have only seen her once since then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM
she wasnt a single mom till 4 months ago and even his sister tried to say something about this but it didnt matter
4everlove08
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

That is how my ex MIL is, she favors her daughters kids over mine and my ex's kids. I called her out on it, and I tell my kids that she has issues. I do not believe in protecting my children's view of her, they see the favoritism and I am not going to make them feel like they are crazy for feeling it. She is a witch, and she hated me because I called her out on her shit all the time. My kids have plenty of people that love them, and honestly I am glad she does not see my kids often....the less my kids see of her the better for them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)