Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm ready to throw their s*** in the trash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

We met this family about 3 years ago through our Cub Scout pack.  They had hit some hard times and were living with relatives and eventually they were kicked out of that place. The husband/father couldn't keep a job to save his life, I suspect it has something to do with drugs but I have no proof other than the empty methadone vials that were left behind at the relatives house.  I know because I am also friends with the relative.  Anyway, they lived in their ford explorer for like 6 months.  Every once in a while, when I was in need of an overnight babysitter (I used to work overnights), they'd come stay at our place in exchange for food and us allowing them to wash their clothes for free and take showers (yes, I know I got the better end of that deal!)   There were four of them.  Mom, Dad, son (same age as my older son), teenage daughter and eventually teenage daughter's baby (I never got the full story but basically figured out she was hooking for money and got herself knocked up). 

Anyway, two years ago, the husband/father got a job as a long distance truck driver.  They dropped daughter and baby off at a teen mom shelter and have been travelling the country with the son (who btw has NEVER been to school in is life but that's another post).   When they left, they asked if they could keep some stuff in our garage.  We were renting and had a HUGE attic in our garage that was empty so we said sure.   Well a year ago, we bought a MUCH smaller house.  I contacted her to tell her we were moving and wouldn't have any place to put her stuff anymore.  She said that was fine, they were coming through town the next week and would come get it.  Well, she never came.   So we ended up moving their stuff into our new garage but it takes up half of a bay and we REALLY want the space back so we can actually park our cars in there. 

I've been trying to get in touch with her for the last 6 months to ask her to meet me somewhere to get their stuff (we do not want them to know where our new house is for a whole host of reasons, this family is DRAMA and I just don't want them in my life anymore).  Her cell phone is turned off and she has stopped responding to me on FB (although she "likes" every post that I make so I know she's checking it). 

Should I just throw it away?  It's mostly clothes, toys and books - no, I was not snooping, literally, it's all packed in plastic grocery bags.    Oh, and I have no contact with the teen daughter.  Her cell has also been turned off and she deleted her FB page.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SummasMomma
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Toss their shit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alouya21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

if she wont come and pick it up take it to good will so another family can use it, or the salvation army, or red cross and they will give it to familys that can use it.

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, i'd toss their stuff. Or better yet, donate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Toss it..you gave a warning..try to contact her and she didn't reply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Give it the salvation army or homeless shelter or something. If they wanted it they would have it. You tried to get them to get it. Not your problem now
Alamomov2
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Yard sale..advertise on Facebook lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I would put this on her facebook page, via message or wall.

You have exactly 48 hrs. to come get your stuff or it's all going to Goodwill. If they don't respond, then take it and donate it all. 

beerabitch69
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM
6 months? Yeah that's all garbage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmc638
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM
You've given the proper amount of time and warning that is required (at least where I live) go through their stuff donate what you can and toss what u can't they had their chance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truth.be.told
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Send her a msg that she has 30 days to pick up her stuff or you're tossing it. Explain that you gave her plenty of time and have contacted her enough about it that you will toss it.

Print it off what you send her in case they bring you to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN