Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling CPS?What do I do? please read!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 72 Replies

Ok so my uncle went out to visit a friend of his & was planning to stay the night a few nights & whatever. He gets to where they were meeting up & drives out to his friends house which is literally in BFE! From what he told me they drove for over an hr, there were no houses no lights nothing, down a dirt rd then down a rd that can't even be considered a Rd, to a single wide mobile home that from what he says looks like it was just dumped in the middle of the desert, he said the damn thing was not even sitting straight! He said there were 9 adults & like 4 or 5 kids living in this thing! IDK how that is even possible!!! No power, no water no gas/propane NOTHING!!! Im assuming cocidering where it is there is no actual mail box, they mostlikely have a PO box or something, I'm really not sure. Any way my uncle left pretty much as soon as he got there didn't even go inside. She had not told him what it was like before he got there. Anyway my thing is, that is a horrible living situation for any kids to be in. I am not one to call CPS, I have never done it before. But in this situation I feel it needs to be done, or something needs to be done. So how the hell would I do that if the closest thing I have to an addres is 'a tilting single wide trialer in the middle of majave somewhere'? I swear this is not a troll post, I'm not clever enough to come up with a troll post, nor am I imature enough to do it! This is what my uncle told me he saw while he was there. What do I do?

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof1b4g
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
maybe your uncle can go to the police and tell him what he saw. They can do a welfare check (they will call cps if they notice anything suspicious) but your uncle might have to show them where it at.

But. Just because there is nothing modern there doesnt mean they are not living in a clean home. They may have a well to get water from, and food.
mommieof1b4g
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM

idk, he said there was no water. but he wasn't there long. but that many ppl in a single wide?

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe your uncle can go to the police and tell him what he saw. They can do a welfare check (they will call cps if they notice anything suspicious) but your uncle might have to show them where it at.

But. Just because there is nothing modern there doesnt mean they are not living in a clean home. They may have a well to get water from, and food.

razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM

where in the mojave desert? like whats the nearest town?

my DH works animal control in mojave so he might know who you should call and how you should give the info!

areyouatroll
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It does sound suspicious, but there are always exceptions.

Quoting mommieof1b4g:

idk, he said there was no water. but he wasn't there long. but that many ppl in a single wide?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM

oh ok i misread, i thought you meant the mojave desert, not just mojave.... give me a second

LucyHarper
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM

He didn't even go inside, so how does he know how they are living, how they care for their children. While those conditions aren't ideal, as long as they are good parents and get their kids what they need and the kids are cared for, its not something to call CPS over. 

mommieof1b4g
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM

about 45minutes past lucern valley thats about all i know

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

where in the mojave desert? like whats the nearest town?

my DH works animal control in mojave so he might know who you should call and how you should give the info!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't jump to conclusions that could get someone's children taken away . If he never went in then there is no evidence of how the inside of the home was and how the children were being treated . The most you should do is a welfare check if you absolutely cannot just leave it be .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I would have your uncle call the cops and take the cops over there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN