Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you still want your Mom when..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 222 Replies
8 moms liked this

you're sick? Or is there something wrong with me? 

It's 4:40 am and I am up with a bad cough, sore throat, and congestion. I feel like crap and want some cold medicine but I'm stuck here with four sleeping children bc DH works third shift. DH will not be home from work until like 10. I really want to call my mom and have her bring me some cold medicine, soup, and orange juice. :( but I'm not going to.I don't want to wake her up and risk me getting her sick with her health being a roller-coaster lately. 

So yeah, I'm 26 years old and when I'm sick I like cold meds, soup, orange juice, and my MOMMY!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:51 AM
No.
I keep meds on hand in case of something like that. my dh works nights also so its either that or suffer.
But I'm the type that just wants to be left alone when sick.
Hope you feel better soon.
mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:53 AM
no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billsbabygirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Yes. It seems like only my Mom knows how to take care of me when I'm sick. Although my dh try's really hard to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Nope. I don't want her anywhere near me when I'm sick.

I hope you feel better, being sick sucks.

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Nope! My mom never took care of me when I was little, I don't expect her to now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Yes exactly! And she keeps the kids occupied and quiet.

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Yes. It seems like only my Mom knows how to take care of me when I'm sick. Although my dh try's really hard to help.

Delila12
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:58 AM
No. My mom never took care of me when I was sick. I had strep throat for 2 weeks before she finally took me to the doctor. I was senior in high school though. I didn't have a car. She was my ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:03 AM

2 weeks with strep throat?! I've had strep before that would have been terrible! When I was younger if I coughed or said "ouch" I was taken to the doctor. 

Quoting Delila12:

No. My mom never took care of me when I was sick. I had strep throat for 2 weeks before she finally took me to the doctor. I was senior in high school though. I didn't have a car. She was my ride.

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I still want my mommy. Of course she has been gone for 21 years, so that might have something to do with it.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Yes but my mom has never been a great mother. When Anjali is sick I spoil her rotten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)