Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you still want your Mom when..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

you're sick? Or is there something wrong with me? 

It's 4:40 am and I am up with a bad cough, sore throat, and congestion. I feel like crap and want some cold medicine but I'm stuck here with four sleeping children bc DH works third shift. DH will not be home from work until like 10. I really want to call my mom and have her bring me some cold medicine, soup, and orange juice. :( but I'm not going to.I don't want to wake her up and risk me getting her sick with her health being a roller-coaster lately. 

So yeah, I'm 26 years old and when I'm sick I like cold meds, soup, orange juice, and my MOMMY!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Tara922c
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Yes! My mom will usually offer to come pick up dd when I am sick (I know I am lucky). My Dh sucks at taking care of me when I am sick. Last time I was sick (stomach sick), he acted as is if I was faking it. He had the nerve to ask me if I would go to the grocery store and pick up a few things for him and tried to make the moves on me all day because dd was with my mom. I was like um, hello, did you not see me run to the bathroom 10 times in the past hour? He just doesn't get it

hplesha
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I still want mommy if i haven't seen her in a couple days. It's been a week since i seen her. I get mommy withdrawals lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
No, I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaganMomma40
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I think that's sweet. My mom wasn't right there either but it's nice to know someone is willing to help you when you need them. 

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I don't, but I never had a relationship like that with my mother.  I just want to curl up in a hole and be left alone when I feel like that, which never happens with 3 kids.  Hope you feel better soon.

alwayskk
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

When I'm really seriously sick, yeah. And I will call her to come help me. That's what mothers are for. No shame in my game.

Seximama89
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Nope! My mom never took care of me when I was little, I don't expect her to now...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  Depends on what's wrong. 

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM
No but my mom is a horrible and abusive woman. I always want my big sis though so no there's nothing wrong with you.

Feel better soon! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Lol, nope. But I've not lived within 2000 miles of my mom in 11 years, so I take care of myself (and occasionally my husband will help)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)