Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's wearing no pants and he's two. How far could he have gone? UPDATE they found him!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
3 moms liked this

My neighbor's son has been missing for about an hour now. I didn't know what was going on because there are cops everywhere but evidently he got out of the house while she was watering plants. My daughter just came in from eavesdropping and told me that she was out on the porch watering her flowers (which she does every day) it's a wrap around porch. Her garage door is always open when she does this and when she went back inside he was gone. She said he must have slipped out but she didn't see him. There is a park at the end of our block so she assumed that was the direction he headed but now it's been an hour and they haven't found him. She said he was wearing a super hero pajama top with a cape and no pants or diaper. I don't think she is creepy or weird or anything, she seems like a normal woman every time I've talked to her but I'm not sure how a naked two year old could have gone that far. He always seems  attached to her, I'm not sure why he would just wonder off like that. Anyway, she must be a wreck. 

UPDATE 

DD just texted me "found alive and well" She's on her way home I'll update you when I get the details

Okay DD just came home. He was in some one's back yard playing on their swing set slide thing. It turns out that it's the yard of the mom's best friend so he's familiar with it. No one was home and the house is several blocks away. Here's the funny part. DD says that they found him because he took a dump in the middle of the street. Good thing he wasn't wearing pants I suppose. I'm just glad he's safe and sound, they really do seem like a sweet family and he's just a darling little boy. DD said there was poop streaked down the slide. She's giggling, she thinks the poop part of the story is just hilarious. Typical 10 year old. lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
he prob fell asleep or hiding somewhere in the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

2 year olds have an amazing ability to find hidy holes for hours. it has nothing to do with attachment or lack of. 2 year olds are curious and can wander off if not properly supervised or left near a door they can get out easily

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Wow I hope they find the little guy:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Wow. I can't imagine how she must feel right now. I hope they find him soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM
this happened with my brother once, turneed out he was hiding in a corner the whole time. my mom was worried sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Quoting Cheribomb:

he prob fell asleep or hiding somewhere in the house.

That would be wonderful but the cops have been here for a while, so I think if he was in there they would have found him by now.

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM
My ds disappeared a few weeks ago. I found him between his bed and night stand. Scared the crap out of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quoting Starburst72:

2 year olds have an amazing ability to find hidy holes for hours. it has nothing to do with attachment or lack of. 2 year olds are curious and can wander off if not properly supervised or left near a door they can get out easily

I know they can wonder off, I would just imagine that he would have come back after a little bit. I don't see this kid going to the park and then just keep going. I think he would come home.

cassiehmomof3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I would be a wreck. I hope they find him and he just found somewhere to hide and fell asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmilesDisco
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

sas :( hope they find him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)