Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy Hell Georgia! What are people thinking?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 161 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'll start this by clarifying that I know this is not the entire state of Georgia. It just blows my everloving mind that some people really think like this!!!!!

This is the backstory.

Georgia’s “Personhood Amendment” Passes With a Super Majority
grtl.org ^ | Aug. 1st, 2012 | Suzanne Ward

Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:13:09 PM by FreeAtlanta

NORCROSS, Ga., August 1, 2012/ Georgia Right to Life President Dan Becker today called on the State Legislature to acknowledge clear public sentiment and approve placing a human rights amendment before all voters in 2014. By a 2-to-1 margin the majority party of Georgia has voted to protect all “human life from its earliest biological beginning.”

“Personhood amendments do not grant rights to anyone – they merely recognize the God-given rights of every individual human being. The people of Georgia have shown that they are ready to vote ‘Yes’ on personhood, it is time for the legislature to ensure that the Georgia Personhood amendment is on the ballot,” Becker said, “. . . time to let every Georgian decide the human rights issue of the 21st century.” State law requires legislative approval to authorize ballot amendment questions.

Tuesday’s non-binding GOP primary results showed that a super majority (66% of voters) expressed support for amending the state constitution to grant the “paramount right to life” to all innocent human beings from their earliest biological beginning until natural death. The Amendment question won in 158 of 159 counties, garnering 593,250 votes of the 902,512 cast statewide. In most counties the “YES” vote was between 71% to 78%.... read more...

This (!!!!) was one of the comments! WTF is wrong with people?!?

To: FreeAtlanta

Good.

If an unborn is a person, killing of the person is murder, and murdering a person has no statute of limitations, my question is: can murdering doctors and “mothers” be brought to justice? The justice won’t be done until every single abortionist and whores are brought to justice for their past and present murders.

8posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:19:49 PM
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:54 PM

AUGH

GEORGIA, WHY

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Finally! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Why, why Georgia, why?

(Now I got the damn song stuck in my head)

Quoting slashteddy:

AUGH

GEORGIA, WHY

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I guess their coroner will be busy. Shame that women are going to die cause people feel the need to have control of other people's bodies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM
14 moms liked this

Georgia also has some of the lowest scores in our country in education.  Think about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM
9 moms liked this

Seriously? I will never understand women who voluntarily hand over their autonomy. I hope you don't depend on bc or IVF, or know someone who does.

And I hope people understand that is much larger than just abortion. By legislating legitimate medical procedures based on personal belief, it leaves the door open to many other procedures that can be deemed 'wrong', whether morally or even financially. After all, you gave the government control of your body already.

Quoting Anonymous:

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Yay women rights and choice over their body is getting taken away!
=o/

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm from Georgia, and I agree with the personhood amendment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Seriously? I will never understand women who voluntarily hand over their autonomy. I hope you don't depend on bc or IVF, or know someone who does. I also hope that you never have a miscarriage and have to prove to medical professionals, and possibly criminal investigators, that your miscarriage was natural.

And I hope people understand that is much larger than just abortion. By legislating legitimate medical procedures based on personal belief, it leaves the door open to many other procedures that can be deemed 'wrong', whether morally or even financially. After all, you gave the government control of your body already.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm from Georgia, and I agree with the personhood amendment.

scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Next thing you know they will make hysterectomies (sp?) Immoral as well. Good grief!! I'm moving to France.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)