Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can he get fired or is his supervisor full of sh**?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

BS dont worry

Start looking for another job

its just a warning sittuation

IDK

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

My hubby called me and tells me his supervisor told him someone had called in to report his driving. Supposably he was speeding and driving like a maniac without using turn signals. Here's why I think this is BS:

1. If he was speeding how did they get his license plate #

2. How was he speeding in traffic? 

3. If this is the first time someone calls in shouldn't it be a warning? 

4. how do we know it was even someone legit, my neighbor hates us what if was her? (the company truck is out in public) 

5. If someone called in to report him wouldnt the highway patrol be involved? 

6. No ticket 

What do think? Should I worry? He hasnt called back or anything, he just said his supervisor said he Could get fired.(not official) 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

If this is his first complaint then they won't fire him. Unless they are complete douchbags of course

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM

DH has to warm his guys when they calls like that. They did get one cop calling in and that employee got fired.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I would give a warning.  If someone got an actual ticket in a company vehicle it might be a more severe reprimand or something.  

That being said, I have called the number of the back of company trucks when the drivers were driving like lunatics.  It's faster than the highway patrol who has to see them doing something wrong and the numbers are larger which means I don't have to get on someone's ass to get a plate number.

danijean
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Once I had a friend who delivered pizzas and got fired for bad driving. Companies dint want their names on the side if vehicles with bad drivers. So I guess it all depends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM
5 moms liked this

if it is an at will employment state they sure can

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Driving like an asshole in a company vehicle, to the point that someone calls and complains?  Oh yeah, he's definitely at risk. 

jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

1 - Good eyesight

2 - It's possible

3 - not necessarily - depends on the company

4 - You don't and won't ever know

5 - No

6 - So?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Yep, he could be fired.  

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM

if you live in an "employee at will" state (and most states are), they can fire you for any reason they want except for a select few protected classes of people.  and even then you would have to prove that that's why they fired you.  hell, they can fire you because you have purple hair if they want to.  they do not have to provide any prior warning, and they do not have to disclose to you why you're being let go.

and in most states if you're let go "for cause" (meaning the company has a legitimate reason to let you go), you might not be able to collect unemployment either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

The highways tht they say he was on is always packed at tht hour how could he have been speeding if there is traffic? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Driving like an asshole in a company vehicle, to the point that someone calls and complains?  Oh yeah, he's definitely at risk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN