Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STOP stealing MY pictures

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 239 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't care if this sounds petty and I'm not going anon for it either.

Some of you may know the story with my teenage SD and her baby. In case you didn't the cliff notes version ends with my DH and I raising the baby as ours because SD can't. She is mentally unstable. After stays in a mental hospital and therapy she even agreed that it would be best if we raise the baby as ours.

However, she has a hard time coping with this decision while living in our home. Which is why she no longer lives with us (although she is currently visiting us).

While she is knows this is the best decision, she keeps back tracking. Mostly because she wants all the glory every time he has an accomplishment.

She keeps talking about how she will "get him back one day when (she is) like 21 and through partying and once the hard part is done and he is potty trained and stuff" <-- yeah she said that.

But we are going through the adoption process.

Anyways, my latest issue is that she keeps stealing my pictures of DS off of Facebook and then she will claim them as her own.

Like I posted a picture from the first time he stood up, she she stole it and re posted it saying "Look how big my baby is getting."

I posted a video of him saying "Mama" (and yes he calls ME mama) and she posted it with a caption "My BABY has learned my name!"

She is half way across the country the child is not calling her Mama. He doesn't even fucking know who she is!

She even has HIM a Facebook (something I am totally NOT okay with). I keep reporting the profile and it will get taken down and she will just start another one!

IDK even know how she is getting the pictures. My profile is private and only friends can see my pictures. Not only that I have her BLOCKED off of my Facebook.

UGHHHHH I don't know what I can do other than delete my Facebook, which is not something I want to do. It is the main way a lot of my DHs family gets to see pictures of the kids.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM
This is why I don't have any pictures on my fb. It's kind of a bummer, because I want to show them off, but I have a stalker, and that's the last thing I need, is him having access to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leeahvonstrange
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM
7 moms liked this
Let her take the pictures,anyone who knows her probably knows he isn't with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I honestly wouldn't care if she HAD them, but she has not right to repost them! 

Quoting AngryBob:

This is why I don't have any pictures on my fb. It's kind of a bummer, because I want to show them off, but I have a stalker, and that's the last thing I need, is him having access to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM
4 moms liked this
That's just sad all around
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Yeah, but you can't control her, and that's the problem. My dad kept posting pictures of my kids, which wouldn't have been a problem, but his profile is public, and he accepts friend requests from everyone, even if he doesn't know them.
He hasn't made a second profile that I know of, though. I had to report the pictures to get him to take them down.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting AngryBob:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

delete you FB and email the pics to family.

.shank.
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually...she does.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting AngryBob:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM
That's th thing our whole family doesnt know because they are not around

Quoting leeahvonstrange:

Let her take the pictures,anyone who knows her probably knows he isn't with her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:30 PM
No he doesn't she has no legal rights to him.

Quoting .shank.:

Actually...she does.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting AngryBob:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Block her. Make sure you have no mutual friends first so they can't provide her with pics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN