Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really that hard?!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM
  • 172 Replies
7 moms liked this
To get up and make sure your kid(s) look neat for school? Every morning I drop my boys off and I always see kids in crumpled, ill fitting clothes with their hair all a mess....it makes me sad and angry for them. I don't care who you are, you dont have to buy expensive clothes or anything like that but at least make sure your child looks presentable. Kids can be so cruel to one another, especially when it comes to appearances so I just do not understand why some people don't put in a little more effort. No my boys arent wearing name brands everyday but dang it their clothes are clean, matched and their hair is brushed. Little things make a big difference and I was always taught that when you go out of the house you should always look neat and put together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM
A kid this year had a blue Mohawk and an earring.. This is elementary school by the way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM
17 moms liked this

While I happen to agree with you, there's really no way to know what's happening in the home of another.  The child who doesn't look neat and presentable may be living in a situation that you know nothing about.  Abuse, neglect, illness, grief and loss, etc.  Perhaps just being there is a victory - there's no way of knowing.  Therefore, I don't judge. 

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Have you seen how some adults are dressed at the store? They don't give a crap what they look like unfortunately why are they going to care what their children look like?

TessB
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM
My boys probably look terrible to others, not because I don't care but because I let them dress how they want and do their own hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Sometimes, the parent tries, but the child doesn't care. My cousin didn't care that he looked a mess.. my aunt finally gave up trying and fighting with him. Said that if he didn't care then she wouldn't either.

You don't know their story.. don't assume it is because the parent is lazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont have new clothes or anything, but i make sure everyday my son is wearing his new clean clothes, has on socks and shoes and is clean and presentable. his appearance is a reflection on me.
Starburst72
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM
8 moms liked this

is being not neatly dressed somehow gonna affect them learning? who is so shallow as to care if a child is not totally tide when going to school? its education not a fashion show. 

yes kids raised by moms overly concerned with appearance can be cruel to other children

Pray for the happiness of those who curse you.Pray for those who hurt you.Luke 6:28

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

My kid is autistic. Attempting to change his appearance results in a huge fight and a refusal to do any sort of homework or schoolwork for weeks.

He has long hair because of it. Sometimes it gets messy. I used to get a lot of shitty comments about it but fuck people. It's hair. It's not worth the fight.

rockgal81
by Steph on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think thats pretty awesome actually!

Quoting Anonymous:

A kid this year had a blue Mohawk and an earring.. This is elementary school by the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikiSellers0806
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I'm really just referring to smaller kids, my boys are in 1st grade and PreK...at this age they still need a bit of guidance getting dressed kwim?

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Sometimes, the parent tries, but the child doesn't care. My cousin didn't care that he looked a mess.. my aunt finally gave up trying and fighting with him. Said that if he didn't care then she wouldn't either.

You don't know their story.. don't assume it is because the parent is lazy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)