Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I yelled at someone else's kid! WWYD?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 321 Replies

I was with my baby girl, who is 1, and we were shopping at our favorite kid's store that has play area. I was sitting on the ground, playing with her and a couple of other kiddos, and my baby grabbed a toy from a 4 year old. She doesn't really understand sharing yet. She just turned one. She doesn't really know better yet. Anyway, the little boy grabs her by the THROAT and starts choking her!! There were a few kids between us, and I was sitting on the floor, so I started yelling as I stood up to grab her, "DON'T CHOKE HER!" I quickly grabbed her out of his reach and she started crying, the boy's mom came from the back of the store with her newborn in arms and looks casually at him and says "was that you? don't hurt people." and turns back around and continues shopping. I grabbed our stuff and left. I was so disgusted and scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM
13 moms liked this

Who leaves a 4yr old unattended? UGH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He was playing nicely and then all of a sudden he turned psycho on her! I felt like i was moving in slow motion!

vkelly2011
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM
9 moms liked this
Wow. Not only does she leave her kid unattended but acts like it was nothing. Your poor little one. Id yell too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have likely gotten arrested for back handing you for touching my child . you were well intentioned but you should not have grabbed at a strangers child short of saving her from a bus hitting her. what did you expect the mom to do? thank you for being a stranger who accosted her child? she told the other child to not do what he had done and likely will address it further in privacy rather than to your baleful instrusive judging eyes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He was playing nicely and then all of a sudden he turned psycho on her! I felt like i was moving in slow motion!

Well if I knew my child had anger issues like that I wouldn't leave him by himself while I shopped. I mean I can't get over how she just left the kid to play.

aniters
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

i would've tackled him down! 

ok no... i wouldn't have but i sure would've wanted to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM
13 moms liked this
You should have intervened and stopped your kid from taking his toy.
PEEK05
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM
10 moms liked this

I would have yelled too, not out of anger but to make a clear message that what he was doing was dangerous.  Just like you would yell if your child was about to walk in front of a moving car.  Danger = necessitates a loud voice.  A 4 year old choking a 1 year old is a BIG deal.

That being said, the mom is dumb.  4 years is too young to be left unsupervised for situations just like this.

TasteOfCollapse
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Her casual reaction is definitely tragic.....hope she never leaves her newborn alone with that child :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Starburst72:

I would have likely gotten arrested for back handing you for touching my child . you were well intentioned but you should not have grabbed at a strangers child short of saving her from a bus hitting her. what did you expect the mom to do? thank you for being a stranger who accosted her child? she told the other child to not do what he had done and likely will address it further in privacy rather than to your baleful instrusive judging eyes

It sounded like the mom was off shopping not even paying attention and didn't see any of it. Had the other mother been taking care of her toddler properly I am sure OP wouldn't have had to step in as his mother could have done it. And it seems like that other mother didn't even care when she found out just told him to be nice and went back to shopping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN