Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I yelled at someone else's kid! WWYD?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was with my baby girl, who is 1, and we were shopping at our favorite kid's store that has play area. I was sitting on the ground, playing with her and a couple of other kiddos, and my baby grabbed a toy from a 4 year old. She doesn't really understand sharing yet. She just turned one. She doesn't really know better yet. Anyway, the little boy grabs her by the THROAT and starts choking her!! There were a few kids between us, and I was sitting on the floor, so I started yelling as I stood up to grab her, "DON'T CHOKE HER!" I quickly grabbed her out of his reach and she started crying, the boy's mom came from the back of the store with her newborn in arms and looks casually at him and says "was that you? don't hurt people." and turns back around and continues shopping. I grabbed our stuff and left. I was so disgusted and scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
mom-mom10
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
There is nothing wrong with that! My son is almost 3 and if he gets shoved or hit, I yell at other kids. Someone has to parent them. I would hope someone would correct my my child if they were misbehaving and I didnt
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I would have do e the same then been like "you leave your 4 yo knowing they "hurt others"? What's wrong with you!?"
mikeyjavimami21
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

That Mom would have got a piece of my mind. I will "talk sternly" to any kid putting themselves or my kid in danger. Fuck what their parent thinks. Had they been watching the kid like they were supposed to I wouldn't have to do their job!

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM
11 moms liked this
She grabbed HER dd... not the boy. Who btw WAS CHOKING her dd so if she DID have to grab his hands to release them from her dds THROAT I don't know how you could blame her. What was she supposed to do? Stand there with him assaulting her child until his mommy finally decided to show up?

Quoting Starburst72:

I would have likely gotten arrested for back handing you for touching my child . you were well intentioned but you should not have grabbed at a strangers child short of saving her from a bus hitting her. what did you expect the mom to do? thank you for being a stranger who accosted her child? she told the other child to not do what he had done and likely will address it further in privacy rather than to your baleful instrusive judging eyes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bshoemaker
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM
5 moms liked this

Ummmm.. Please re-read this post before you comment with something stupid again. At NO point did she say she put hands on another person's child. It says, "so I started yelling as I stood up to grab her, "DON'T CHOKE HER!" I quickly grabbed her out of his reach and she started crying, the boy's mom came from the back of the store with her newborn in arms and looks casually at him and says "was that you? don't hurt people." and turns back around and continues shopping. I grabbed our stuff and left. I was so disgusted and scared." I am sorry but I don't see anything about her hands on that other child! With the attitude the mother had about it, I doubt that kid received any further punishment and we both know you can't punish a child that young later, the issue has to be addressed while it is still fresh. No one said she had to beat him but having a talk with him right then a there would have been appropriate.

Quoting Starburst72:

I would have likely gotten arrested for back handing you for touching my child . you were well intentioned but you should not have grabbed at a strangers child short of saving her from a bus hitting her. what did you expect the mom to do? thank you for being a stranger who accosted her child? she told the other child to not do what he had done and likely will address it further in privacy rather than to your baleful instrusive judging eyes

mikeyjavimami21
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM
11 moms liked this

I don't think she touched the little shit head. She said she grabbed her kid away. BUT if some little asshole kid is hurting my kid and it was necessary for me to grab the kid off my kid to stop it, I would. And dare a bitch to say something to me about it.

Quoting Starburst72:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Yup, never stop a child from hurting another person.

Quoting Starburst72:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM
If you yelled at my kid we would be brawling on the floor of the department store. But I also wouldn't leave my 4 year old unattended. Either way, your daughter is 1. You know nothing about raising a 4 year old.
ARmomOf3
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have told her to keep her son in check before her baby ends up dead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I quite honestly can't believe a mother is bad mouthing a 4 year old like you are. Wow.

Quoting mikeyjavimami21:

I don't think she touched the little shit head. She said she grabbed her kid away. BUT if some little asshole kid is hurting my kid and it was necessary for me to grab the kid off my kid to stop it, I would. And dare a bitch to say something to me about it.

Quoting Starburst72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)