Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Transgender men are real men

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen a few posts about transgender people tonight. I have also seen some individuals try and say that a transgender man isn't a real man or is just a woman pretending to be a man. I just wanted to address that. Manhood is not defined by what is between one's legs. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself. Just like womanhood is not defined by what is between one's legs and/or one's ability to birth children. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself.

Now if you have questions, I will be more than glad to answer them. I am transgender myself and so is my wife. So I am very aware of the issues surrounding transgender men and transgender women (as well as the other non-binary transgender individuals).

Thank you for the support. And for clarification, I am a female to male individual and my wife is a male to female individual.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (1001-1010):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I have been avoiding this post because I can't believe you are having to explain this.

I think the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life was when I was driving a cab.

I was in the car with another driver and we went to pick up at the fountain city yacht club.(I bet you can guess what kind of bar it was)

Well, anyway, there was this redneck strip club across the street. Some moron came out of there and two guys were kissing in front of fountain city yacht club.This idiot from the other bar starts in on them and one of them said" Look guy! You ain't had yo ass whipped until you have had yo ass whipped by a sissy!"

This guy kept on and the gay guy beat the shit out of the homophobe after the homophobe shoved him against the wall. I was huge pregnant and I got out and asked nutball" Um, you truly did not realize that is STILL a guy and a great big one at that???"

These are guys and they do defend themselves and their families. They have jobs, they own homes, they go to church, and they have a circle of friends.

I realize that beating the crap out of someone does not make him a man BUT it sure showed this other guy that the gay guy is STILL a guy!

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:39 AM
I truly don't mean any offense by this, but IMO the technical definition of male or female involves having XX or XY chromosomes. You can't change your genetic make-up, therefor making you an 'artificial male'. Are you still a man? Absolutely, if you're referring to your outward appearance, personality, etc. But not genetically. As for this "real man" and "real woman" garbage...well, it's just that. You don't have to act or look a certain way to be classified as real. We're ALL real regardless of how we live our lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I truly don't mean any offense by this, but IMO the technical definition of male or female involves having XX or XY chromosomes. You can't change your genetic make-up, therefor making you an 'artificial male'. Are you still a man? Absolutely, if you're referring to your outward appearance, personality, etc. But not genetically. As for this "real man" and "real woman" garbage...well, it's just that. You don't have to act or look a certain way to be classified as real. We're ALL real regardless of how we live our lives.

But did you realize that a guy can be born with more female homones than male hormones and the same about women and male hormones?

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

We can disagree. I have some friends on here that do disagree with me. I just wanted to make sure that you understood that you were also disagreeing with psychology. And in the social sciences realm, the APA is the authority.

Quoting moneysaver6:

The APA is not the end all & be all of authority.  I am not the first person to disagree with a "diagnosis" or definition they have invented, and I am fairly certain that I won't be the last.

You really have a problem understanding that it's okay for someone to disagree with you, don't you? 

We will clearly have to agree to disagreeAnd you know what?  That really IS okay.  It is.  I promise.  You can move on in life even if everyone doesn't agree with you. In fact, you HAVE to.  You will never in your life come to a place where every single person in the world agrees with everything you say or believe even after looking at all of the same sources as you.

Quoting purpleducky:

No you are disagreeing with psychology too since psychology states that gender and sex are different things.
Quoting moneysaver6:

LOL  No.  I am disagreeing with YOU.  I know it's sometimes hard to accept that people disagree with us and that no matter how hard we try we can't change their minds.  It really is okay for people to disagree with you, though.  See, part of my disagreement with you is that this is not a psychological issue, but a physical one.  You disagree with me.  That's okay.   I can recognize that we need to agree to disagree because neither of us will change how the other believes.  And that's okay.

It really is okay to come to a place where you recognize that you cannot change the mind of another person and that the two of you will just have to agree to disagree.  It doesn't mean that either of you is ignoring any science.  It just means that the two of you have looked at the evidence and come to different conculsions.  And that's okay.  It really is.  I promise.

Quoting purpleducky:

Then you are disagreeing with psychology.
Quoting moneysaver6:

I highlighted it in red below and for your reference, here it is again: 

I do not agree with you.  Nothing you say will convince me.  That's okay.  We can agree to disagree.

Quoting purpleducky:

They are not one in the same.

Quoting moneysaver6:

When a form asks for your "sex" it is asking which gender you are.  They are one in the same.

Quoting purpleducky:

That is sex, not gender. They are not the same.
Quoting moneysaver6:

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. It seems pretty simple and cut & dry to me.

-Men are born with a penis

-Women are born with a vagina

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM

And that is the difference between gender and sex. 

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 111 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
So you are a mom but not a woman.. ? That doesn't make sense I don't think u can have it both ways .. be a woman when u want to which a mother is.. then expect people to take you seriously when u want to be a man. I'm just sayin..

Quoting purpleducky:

This is a mom website and I am here because I am a mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are a man now why are you on a woman site?

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Correct. Society is changing and mom and male no longer have to be mutually exclusive.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you are a mom but not a woman.. ? That doesn't make sense I don't think u can have it both ways .. be a woman when u want to which a mother is.. then expect people to take you seriously when u want to be a man. I'm just sayin..

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 111 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I disagree I believe to be a mom you have to be a woman. You may still be a parent but something different

Quoting purpleducky:

Correct. Society is changing and mom and male no longer have to be mutually exclusive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting Anonymous:

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Thanks for posting this.  Too many people think that the sex you are born with is one and the same as gender identity.  It's not.

ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 friends that are tg m2f. They are 2 of the kindest most dirty minded people i know. Love them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)