Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transgender men are real men

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen a few posts about transgender people tonight. I have also seen some individuals try and say that a transgender man isn't a real man or is just a woman pretending to be a man. I just wanted to address that. Manhood is not defined by what is between one's legs. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself. Just like womanhood is not defined by what is between one's legs and/or one's ability to birth children. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself.

Now if you have questions, I will be more than glad to answer them. I am transgender myself and so is my wife. So I am very aware of the issues surrounding transgender men and transgender women (as well as the other non-binary transgender individuals).

Thank you for the support. And for clarification, I am a female to male individual and my wife is a male to female individual.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I have seen some of your posts. I am glad you are able to get through to some of these women. I find it funny that they think the are knowledgeable able something they truly know nothing about and the think they know more about it than someone who has gone through it. I have never gone through it myself but I have a very good friend who has and I was with him from the start.

Quoting purpleducky:

Well I am known as the resident dude on here, lol. CM knows about me (I have been reported numerous times). But they have said I am allowed to stay until a surgery makes it so that I no longer identify as a mom. So I have done posts like this before. Each time the ignorance I face becomes less and less. It just takes time and patience.

Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

I hope you can get through to some of the women on this site. I tried to explain to a woman earlier that your gender is not determined by your sexual organs and my comment was reported and deleted. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Great post, as always. Hope all is well with you, ducky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this
So you're a woman to male trans who is with another woman to male?

I think it's sad that people feel wrong in their bodies and I think a transgender man is a man. None of my business.
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hmm, well wither way I didn't like it lol

Quoting purpleducky:

Thank you for the concern but that was not me. That is another member. I don't have a flicker account. My wife only has like 10 pictures on the internet total and most are protected on her FB account.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Some bitch in here started a thread about you a few weeks ago. Posted a link to your flicker account, she said she was being nice but she wasn't I was highly irritated.

Quoting purpleducky:

Lol, I do not think I have ever been accused of being too polite or classy before. That is a first.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

You're too polit and classy for this forum :)

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

That depends on who you ask. I have honestly kinda stepped away from mother and father and am just a parent. For me it was because mother and father are so drastically different for me due to my screwed up childhood and I just couldn't give up motherhood which had been ingrained in me since I was like 10. But I also realized I wasn't quite a mom still. So I went with parent. I let my children decide what to call me. I get called dad by my 6 year old and mom by my 3 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a question- is there a difference between identifying as a mother vs. A father?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You mean some of these cuntastic women can use their brain cells to make logical decisions!?! Omg!

Quoting Anonymous:

I see no problems with her post ... Perhaps you shouldn't open them if you have a problem. It's the intelligent thing to do.

Quoting Christy1919:

must you always slip this shit in ......I haven;t read one post that referred to transgender men in weeks

ARmomOf3
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

OK, I have an honest question. Are you biologically a woman, and you became a man? If so, and you truly feel that you are male, do you think you should be allowed on CM?

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Correct. My wife was born male and identifies as female.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, so you were born female and identify as male? What about your wife?

Quoting purpleducky:

Male.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you identify as?

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I just bumped 2

Quoting Christy1919:

* his/ her post....come on please bump a transgender post from the past 7 days and I shall shut it

Quoting Anonymous:

I see no problems with her post ... Perhaps you shouldn't open them if you have a problem. It's the intelligent thing to do.

Quoting Christy1919:

must you always slip this shit in ......I haven;t read one post that referred to transgender men in weeks

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember that post. It was a womans dh who is a cross dresser, I believe. It was totally uncalled for! Pissed me off.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Hmm, well wither way I didn't like it lol

Quoting purpleducky:

Thank you for the concern but that was not me. That is another member. I don't have a flicker account. My wife only has like 10 pictures on the internet total and most are protected on her FB account.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Some bitch in here started a thread about you a few weeks ago. Posted a link to your flicker account, she said she was being nice but she wasn't I was highly irritated.

Quoting purpleducky:

Lol, I do not think I have ever been accused of being too polite or classy before. That is a first.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

You're too polit and classy for this forum :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured