Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Transgender men are real men

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen a few posts about transgender people tonight. I have also seen some individuals try and say that a transgender man isn't a real man or is just a woman pretending to be a man. I just wanted to address that. Manhood is not defined by what is between one's legs. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself. Just like womanhood is not defined by what is between one's legs and/or one's ability to birth children. It is defined by how one acts and presents oneself.

Now if you have questions, I will be more than glad to answer them. I am transgender myself and so is my wife. So I am very aware of the issues surrounding transgender men and transgender women (as well as the other non-binary transgender individuals).

Thank you for the support. And for clarification, I am a female to male individual and my wife is a male to female individual.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
pampire
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I agree with you 100%.  Thank you for speaking up.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

No. I am a female-to-male individual married to a male-to-female individual.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're a woman to male trans who is with another woman to male?

I think it's sad that people feel wrong in their bodies and I think a transgender man is a man. None of my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
How did you meet?
Is it common for 2 transgendered people to be in a relationship?

Quoting purpleducky:

Correct. My wife was born male and identifies as female.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, so you were born female and identify as male? What about your wife?

Quoting purpleducky:

Male.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you identify as?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Live your life as you see fit. Shoot call yourself a cat if it floats your boat, but it won't change my mind to the fact that your are a man pretending to be a woman which to me is a lame excuse for being a creeper on a woman's site.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Maybe they mean biologically they will never be male?

I dunno. Honestly, if someone wants to present themselves as a male, act like a male, what have you, I'll consider them a male. Unless they were someone I knew prior to the change, and then it just might take a little bit to get used calling "her" a him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this
U have ur opinion and I have mine u are born the way GOD made u if u r born a woman u were meant to be a woman so I dont agree with u tough shyt noone should judge another for their decisions in life either
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this
She has already explained this. If you have such a problem with hop your merry ass out of her post!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are such a "real MAN" what the hell are you doing on a site for WOMEN... MOTHERS... FEMALES...

If being a MAN is more than whats between your legs, according to you... get the fuck out of here and stop being a creeper. Because I would have a REAL issue with a REAL MAN being so open on a MOM site.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean some of these cuntastic women can use their brain cells to make logical decisions!?! Omg!

Quoting Anonymous:

I see no problems with her post ... Perhaps you shouldn't open them if you have a problem. It's the intelligent thing to do.

Quoting Christy1919:

must you always slip this shit in ......I haven;t read one post that referred to transgender men in weeks

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Because this is a site for MOTHERS not WOMEN. I am a mom. Mom and male do not have to be mutually exclusive, especially with the variety of families we have nowadays.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are such a "real MAN" what the hell are you doing on a site for WOMEN... MOTHERS... FEMALES...

If being a MAN is more than whats between your legs, according to you... get the fuck out of here and stop being a creeper. Because I would have a REAL issue with a REAL MAN being so open on a MOM site.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's kinda cool that you found her for a wife. 

Quoting purpleducky:

Correct. My wife was born male and identifies as female.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, so you were born female and identify as male? What about your wife?

Quoting purpleducky:

Male.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you identify as?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)