Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a question for the Military wives with careers. PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

What is your chosen profession? Does your husband being in the military interfere with your job or have you chosen a profession that is needed everywhere you are stationed?

I ask because DH is thinking about joining the Army again (he had been out for almost 2 years) I have been in school to become a social worker. I have been thinking about changing my major anyway, I just need to find something that would fit in to a military lifestyle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I posted this in MC also because the military wives group does not seem to be very active. I am sure there are some military wives in this group also.

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KME445
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM

The other option is to try for a field where you can work remotely.  Project management and IT (software development, help desk, etc)  are some that come to mind.  Market research is also a good one, but you have to get established (usually) before you can full-time WFH.  Good luck.

JeremiahJackson
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Thank you so much for answering!

Quoting KME445:

The other option is to try for a field where you can work remotely.  Project management and IT (software development, help desk, etc)  are some that come to mind.  Market research is also a good one, but you have to get established (usually) before you can full-time WFH.  Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Theyre always hiring for social workers here (Ft. Hood) with a masters they pay VERY well. A lot of the women I know are nurses. Professions in the medical field. That goes anywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I'm a pharmacy tech. It doesn't pay the big bucks by any means but it's easily transferable and I make enough to cover daycare costs and have money to travel and have fun with.
babyboy117
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
You can probaly get a job on base with "fleet and family support" or whatever they call it in the Army. ( Hubby is Navy(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Yeah, you're a shoe in for GS administrative jobs too on USAJOBS.gov.  You'll get spousal preference...

Quoting babyboy117:

You can probaly get a job on base with "fleet and family support" or whatever they call it in the Army. ( Hubby is Navy(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN